What's good for really bad heartburn/acid reflux?

I've been using tums. My midwife suggested papaya capsules or even getting a papaya fruit today for it so I just picked up a papaya today and will try it tonight :)

Curious about the papaya! Let us know how it works out for you :flower:

I did buy a papaya fruit and chopped it up and put it in the refrigerator. It actually has worked well for me! I've heard some say it helps them and say it doesn't but I just have to eat a few cubes and no reflux for me! As far as taste, it isn't bad but I might try capsules when this is gone :) night time is when heartburn usually hits me so I eat some before bed and don't have any issues with it all night! So I'd say it's worth a shot at least! I prefer it over tums :) a papaya was really really cheap here so not much loss if it wasn't going to work anyway :)

Nice! I'll look for one when I grocery shop today. I've been having more and more trouble, and I swear it's taking longer and longer for my Tums/Zantac method to kick in. The Tums start working... then the reflux comes back.... then the Zantac finally kicks in. I feel like I've been adding in the milkshake more and more lately, which really does help, but I can't have a milkshake daily! I'm really trying to watch what I eat this time around so that I don't have a ton of weight to lose postpartum! Thanks :flow:

I've been using tums. My midwife suggested papaya capsules or even getting a papaya fruit today for it so I just picked up a papaya today and will try it tonight :)

Curious about the papaya! Let us know how it works out for you :flower:

I did buy a papaya fruit and chopped it up and put it in the refrigerator. It actually has worked well for me! I've heard some say it helps them and say it doesn't but I just have to eat a few cubes and no reflux for me! As far as taste, it isn't bad but I might try capsules when this is gone :) night time is when heartburn usually hits me so I eat some before bed and don't have any issues with it all night! So I'd say it's worth a shot at least! I prefer it over tums :) a papaya was really really cheap here so not much loss if it wasn't going to work anyway :)

Nice! I'll look for one when I grocery shop today. I've been having more and more trouble, and I swear it's taking longer and longer for my Tums/Zantac method to kick in. The Tums start working... then the reflux comes back.... then the Zantac finally kicks in. I feel like I've been adding in the milkshake more and more lately, which really does help, but I can't have a milkshake daily! I'm really trying to watch what I eat this time around so that I don't have a ton of weight to lose postpartum! Thanks :flow:

No problem. I really really hope it works for you! Now a milkshake sounds good to me lol but I totally understand. If milk helps you, maybe try chocolate milk.. Which still has sugar but maybe not as much as a shake? Or maybe it wouldn't help but bowl of cereal since it would have milk and might be compromise from a shake. Hope it gets better :hugs:

No problem. I really really hope it works for you! Now a milkshake sounds good to me lol but I totally understand. If milk helps you, maybe try chocolate milk.. Which still has sugar but maybe not as much as a shake? Or maybe it wouldn't help but bowl of cereal since it would have milk and might be compromise from a shake. Hope it gets better :hugs:

I have tried cereal... or just a glass of milk (sometimes with a cookie :haha:). Sometimes it helps, but I think the key with the shake is how cold it is! :dohh: Can never be easy, can it??

I have tried cereal... or just a glass of milk (sometimes with a cookie :haha:). Sometimes it helps, but I think the key with the shake is how cold it is! :dohh: Can never be easy, can it??

Nope.. Never a simple solution haha babies gotta start challenging us before they are even here :haha: I guess you might know what triggers it.

I know for me anything with tomato sauce or spicy will make it way worse for me.

Oh I've also heard eating a red apple can help but haven't tried that one yet.

Rennie seems to of helped me a little! Midwife tomorrow, so fingers crossed she'll give me something a little stronger. :) thank you for all of your replies! X

Hope the midwife can give you something to help hun :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->