whats happened to bottles of coke?

xcharx

Reaction score
Was just in Tesco & discovered the bottles of coke (the ones that cost 93p that you'd have with lunch) looked wayyyyy smaller!!

Cheek of it!!

Cx

They seem to have made smaller ones to fit in with their meal deals x

Yea the meal deal ones are smaller but they do still do the 500ml ones, just not included with the meal deal x

Yea the meal deal ones are smaller but they do still do the 500ml ones, just not included with the meal deal x

agree the smaller ones have been around ages - the 500ml ones are over a quid here? :shrug: normally like £1.10-1.20!! the little ones are cheaper..
cans have gone up loads though?! cans are like 70p now?! :nope:

Ooh ok I didn't see the normal size ones so I thought coca cola were pulling a fast one :haha:

I never buy cans now, id rather get a multipack then pay 70p for 1 can!!

Cx

A lot of companies are pulling this ruse. Packets or bottles smaller as the same price you paid for bigger ones previously. They have them stacked all together so it's more difficult to notice. They usually combine it with a new package design so that distracts you from the size difference.

A lot of companies are pulling this ruse. Packets or bottles smaller as the same price you paid for bigger ones previously. They have them stacked all together so it's more difficult to notice. They usually combine it with a new package design so that distracts you from the size difference.

Yup, I agree with this.......I picked one up the other day and it wasnt until i put it next to a glass I noticed the size. Personally, I like the smaller size,,,,,,,,,just not the price as its £2.20 for 2 litres, or 90p for 375ml...........which makes £4.80 per 2ltr! Its a rip off in that case.

Which is why I now very rarely have fizziy juice now.

I only ever buy coke when it's on offer now. At the minute it's 85p for a 1.5ltr in the Co-op x

I did notices this the other day too but didnt pay too much attention to it, OH bought me a diet coke and as i took it from him i clocked it looked a lot smaller.

A single tin of coke is £1 here, and £1.50 for a 500ml bottle :wacko:

500ml bottles and individual cans are such a rip off now! I remember when it was 60-70p for a bottle and anywhere between 30-50p for a can! It's much better to get the bigger bottles or can multipacks. 2ltr bottles of coca cola are 2 for £2 in asda atm, which means a 500ml bottle is actually more expensive! They should be going down to £1 each at some point as they usually have a pattern with their offers on coke (I work there so that's how I realised lol).

People always bring the smaller one to the til in the co op I work in not even realising its smaller Neil I point out its only 15p more for the normal one so they put the small one back and get the larger one, as they are both in our meal deal it makes sense to get a ginger one, o've actually gone of coke since being pregnant but it does annoy me having to point it out all the time lol

this happened the other day with pepsi!!! got an 18 pack of pepsi on offer at £4, so not *that* cheap, got them home and they were little small ones, about 200ml a can!! they were stacked in the box so i would never have known but I'll be reading the small print next time ha ha

Check again about the meal deal in Tesco. My husband actually ranted about this on the phone to me yesterday lunchtime.

He grabbed the 375ml bottle to go with his meal deal and a staff member told him the 500ml are still in the meal deal. He noticed so many people just grabbing the smaller one as they didn't realise the bigger one was in the meal deal as well.

you can get 10 cans of coke in the co - op for £3 making it 30p a can :)

Yup, I agree with this.......I picked one up the other day and it wasnt until i put it next to a glass I noticed the size. Personally, I like the smaller size,,,,,,,,,just not the price as its £2.20 for 2 litres, or 90p for 375ml...........which makes £4.80 per 2ltr! Its a rip off in that case.

Which is why I now very rarely have fizziy juice now.

£4.80 per 2ltr? That's crazy! I never buy big bottles of coke, I always get the supermarket own brand pop for like 60p a 2ltr bottle but when I'm on my lunch break I usually buy a little bottle of diet coke to go with my butties. Never once thought about how much that adds up to though!

I'm gonna start buying the big bottles and keep them in the fridge at work :)

Check again about the meal deal in Tesco. My husband actually ranted about this on the phone to me yesterday lunchtime.

He grabbed the 375ml bottle to go with his meal deal and a staff member told him the 500ml are still in the meal deal. He noticed so many people just grabbing the smaller one as they didn't realise the bigger one was in the meal deal as well.

Really?! I didn't know that either. I did notice the meal deal went up to £3 from £2.50 yesterday though! :growlmad:

Yep the big bottles are back in the meal deal!

My husbands a manager in a tesco and he said people moaned so they changed it...and the price lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->