Whats On Your Christmas Menu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyHill

Mum & Wife <3
Reaction score
I'm still writing my lists but as we're having turkey at the in laws Christmas eve and boxing day I think we're going for a honey glazed ham. Still haven't set the menu in stone but its looking like this;

Breakfast; croissants, OJ & coffee

Brunch; cheese, pate & nice bread, champagne for the adults.

Lunch; Honey Glazed Ham, parsnips, carrots, mash, roasties, peas, pigs in blankets and gravy.

Somewhere in the middle here we'll have chocolate cake or trifle and ice cream yum!

Dinner; snack food, mini pizzas, sausage rolls, nice bread, cheeses, salad.

I'll usually have a glass of wine whilst I'm cooking too ;)

Whats on your menu?

B- cinnamon rolls, not sure what else

D- i dont make but will be, prawn cocktail for starter then turkey, roasties, mash, carrots, parsnips, sprouts, yorkshire puddings, swede, gravy, pigs in blankets stuffing
trifle or mince pies for pudding

not sure about tea

ours is looking like this so far but is subject to change depending on what I feel like next week:

breakfast: scrambled eggs on toast

dinner: no starter. turkey, baked ham, mashed potatoes, hassleback pots, carrots, green beans with shallots, brown sugar and butter pigs in blankets, gravy and stuffing.

no dessert as the kids or DH isn't fussed.

tea: we are going over my Dads so it'll be buffet type finger foods and wine x

Im hungry thinking about it!!

B: bacon baps

Dinner wont be until 3-4pm
Turkey, sausage meat stuffing, Swedey mash, roasties in goose fat, yorki pud, pigs in blankets, peas, carrots and one other veg TBC.
Pud: baked alaska

Christmas eve im doing a glazed ham joint with pickles

Yum!

We all get together as a family and have the same every year.

Breakfast - bacon rolls, coffee and oj
Brunch - cheeses and crackers
Lunch - Turkey and all the trimmings with champagne
Followed by a choice of home made christmas cake, trifle or jelly.. There's usually frozen chocolate gateau and cheesecakes floating around too lol.
Dinner - party food type snacks and lots of alcohol!

This is my first year cooking a Christmas dinner and the menu is looking like:

B - crumpets
D - chicken, mash, roasties, carrots, peas, parsnips, stuffing, yorkies and of course pigs in blankets.

Dessert will be chocolate log. Doubt we'll have tea as we'll be eating late

I love food threads ....

Brunch - everyone at ours and I'm making mini bagels with scrambled eggs and salmon, mini bacon rolls, selection of mini pastries with OJ and champagne

Late lunch - out at a local Italian for lunch (very untraditional! Not enough space at ours for a sit down meal for everyone)

Evening - back at ours again ... cheese, pates, bread, crackers etc and Guinness chocolate cake ... likely more wine and a couple of sloe gin fizz cocktails.

Well.. if we're out of hopsital, this is the plan:

Brekkie - Bagels, salmon, philly and scrambled eggs. Pancakes for DD.

Lunch - Goose or beef, all the trimmings. Pud will be trifle, mince pies or gateau.

Dinner - Cheese, crackers, ham, pickled onions etc.

We're just doing a buffet for us to pick at throughout the day. We can never seem to eat a huge Christmas meal after eating all the chocolate in our stockings so it seems pointless!

We just have whatever we feel like for breakfast mostly just chocolates from stocking :haha:

We don't eat Christmas dinner until later in the day around 4 or 5 at the in-laws. We have:

Lots of different chocolates to pick at
Turkey
Stuffing x 2
Potatoes
Carrots or some other veg
Caesar salad
Meatballs and gravy
Fresh buns

For desert it is usually different types of chocolate squares and other dainties and pumpkin pie with whipped cream. Yumm!

Breakfast is bacon rolls.

Christmas dinner this year is turkey and gammon, with parsnips, roast potatoes, pigs in blankets, sprouts, and I think we'll probably have peas. Plus plenty of gravy of course!
I'll have Christmas pudding afterwards. There'll also be fruit cake, stollen, mince pies, chocolates, and other lovely stuff.

Tea will be something picky, like party food, or maybe lunchtime leftovers with some oven chips or something.

Breakfast: tea (milk for DS) and toast
Brunch: Buck's Fizz and a snack
Dinner: soup starter, Turkey and gammon, veg, roasties, pigs in blankets, yorkies and stuffing and gravy
Pudding: cake
Supper: nibbles and leftovers

Our first Christmas at home so not sure how this will all pan out. OH does all the cooking and we're still waiting on confirmation from his brother as to whether he is coming.

Breakfast
Crumpets, muffins, scrabbled egg and salmon plus whatever dd wants

Lunch
Roast Turkey and Beef, potatoes, carrots, parsnips, sweet and broccoli. Yorkshire puddings, stuffing and pigs in blankets. A cheesecake or ice cream for desert

Evening
Cold meats, antipasto, cheese and biscuits etc

Somewhere through the day we will probably eat chocolates. OH has some light beers and I have some champagne but am BF so will only have a small glass

Somewhere during all this we will need to find time to open all the presents, sort out DD2 who is only 3 months.

The weekend after we head to my parents when it really feels like Christmas &#55357;&#56836;

No starter...Roast turkey, roast goose fat potatoes, carrots, brocolli, sprouts, cabbage, stuffing, yorkshire pudding and gravy
followed by a choice of trifle or a gateau etc hate christmas pudding

Christmas Eve

- North pole breakfast for the kids

- dinner will be, hot cheddar and cider dip with fresh bread, pulled pork sliders, cheese and bacon potato skins, cheese cake

Christmas day

Breakfast - Krispy Kreme donuts and coffee (tradition)

Lunch - at my mums, were having turkey and beef with all the trimmings

Dinner - cheese and crackers / Turkey sandwiches

Boxing day -

Buffet at MILs

:happydance:

Breakfast, having my nan, brother, gf and baby for breakfast of bacon sausage and toast.

Lunch around 3ish,
*starter of tomato soup (kids), garlic mushrooms (adults)
*main of roast turkey, goose fat roast potatoes, mash potatoes, carrot and suede mash, broccoli and cauli, roasted veg (chatney carrots, parsnips, butternut squash), pigs in blankets, Yorkshire puds, stuffing and gravy
*pudding chocolate fudge cake or after eight ice cream

Dinner, buffet at my aunties party

Breakfast - Fry up: Sausage, fried/scrambled eggs, bacon, eggy/fried bread and beans

Dinner - Turkey, gammon, mash, cauli, broccoli, cabbage, stuffing, pigs in blankets, roasties, roasted carrots & parsnips and yorkies.

Tea - Left over meat sandwiches and mini cakes/buffet.

Breakfast - Mini brioche crossaints with jam, and of course tea

Lunch (midday) - baked Camembert, nice ham, bake in the oven baguettes and chutney

Dinner (about 4pm) - Turkey, roast potatoes, roast carrots and roast parsnips, stuffing, pigs in blankets, cauliflower cheese, sprouts, bread sauce and (jamie Oliver's home made) gravy.
Pudding - GU salted caramel pots with cream or ice cream.

Snacks for evening/ morning - crisps, cheese and crackers, chocolates and nice biscuits.

Breakfast - Either bacon butty's or cinnamon rolls, haven't decided yet!

Dinner - Chicken, potatoes (boiled and roast), stuffing, peas, carrots and parsnips, yorkies, and some pigs in blankets. Haven't decided on a desert yet.

And I'll buy things like Pringles and After Eights to snack on in between!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"