Whats the absolute earliest you can start testing?

HippyMumma23

Reaction score
As in DPO? If I have the pregnancy strips which are from ebay?
I know in the real world I should try and wait untill Im late, but unfortunatly Im not that patient. :rofl:

as late as possible I would say or whenever the test tells you you can test, depending on how sensitive it is xx good luck

I read today some tests claim you can get :bfp: 6 days before :witch: is late, i.e, 5 days before :witch: is due, but on another test that claims they can detect :bfp: 4 days early, it says that it is only the case in 50% of the time. I think it is a marketing thing for us poor impatient women, especially as if :bfn:, we are only more likely to do another one, and another.....

In the end, better to wait until the day after...saying that, I tested two days early with my son and the line was definitely there, but I expected to be pregnant as temp still up (normally starts to go down two days before :witch:) and no spoting at all.

i got a bfp at 12dpo, i did not test before then though so it might have come up sooner as it was quite dark when i tested xx

a girl who got her bfp right around when i did tested on 7dpo and got a +.... Sounds like that is very very rare however. I tested at 10dpo and got my bfp. (didnt test before that day) Hard to wait - also hard to see the bfn - so up to you how long you can hold out!
Good luck!

I have just trawled every single chart on fertility friend with a bfp before 12dpo. The earliest was 6dpo but the ovulation date on that wasn't certain so may well have ovulated early. There were quite a few bfp from 8dpo onwards but like FBbaby says there is only a 50/50 chance that a bfp will show up at 10dpo.

The other reason to wait is incase you have a chemical pregnancy and get your hopes dashed but it seems that it is just as likely to happen at 16dpo or even later than that as it is at say 12dpo.

btw- I had some ebay cheapies last cycle... tested 6am 10dpo bfn, tested 1.15pm with a different brand same sensitivity and got a bfp. You have to check those really closely I think.

xxxxx

When I was pregnant, I was getting faint lines from 8dpo, although they could have been evaps. I got my official BFP at 12dpo which I think is the best time to test. But with FRER tests you can test 6 days early, that's counting back from the day your actual period starts. Good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->