Whats the deal with cloth and nursery?

jen1604

Reaction score
I'm looking at putting the babies in nursery from January when I'm back at work.

So for those of you who have LO's in nursery,whats do you do about cloth?Do you have to give them sposies for nursery or are they ok with using your cloth?

Thanks girls :flower:

Well my nursery are ok with using cloth in theory. They said yes. But the looks of puzzlement when I went in for a settling session and the manager showed off the cloth nappies (BG V3) put me off. There's also the issue that they only tend to do 2 changes a day. They said they were fine to do more but I just worry that they'd forget.

At times my husband has dropped her off in a cloth nappy - forgetful - and one time they threw out the insert. Very annoying. So not sure I trust them.

She's also super prone to nappy rash so was worried about creme stains on the nappies if they didn't put the paper liner in the right place.

But I think she reacts badly to being in disposables and I keep working up the courage to send her in cloth. She goes 3 days a week for about 8 hours a day and wears disposables at the moment. The rest of the time she's in cloth. I may switch over to cloth at nursery within the next couple of weeks.

So I don't know. Will probably depend mostly on your nursery's attitude.

Thanks thats really helpful,not sure how well the nappies would hold up though if theyre only doing 2 changes a day :wacko: That will have to be something I'll bring up with them.

Also I would probably be more than a little bit irritable if my inserts got thrown away ;)

:flower:

I think it could depend on your nursery. I know it's not quite the same, as we use a childminder, but I've not had any problems sending LO in cloth. I only give her one type of nappy (Itti AIO, pretty foolproof) and my CM has been very good at using them.

It's actually gotten to the point where she was asking me about my reusable wipes, as she is thinking of getting a kit to use for wiping hands/faces etc :rofl:

I'd say your best bet is to talk to the nursery and see what they say. Even if you went in as well for a morning or something, to show them how often you'd change them, and how the nappies work etc :)

Toby starts nursery tomorrow 2 days a week and will be going in cloth. The nursery manager assured us they are happy to use cloth nappies. We filled in a "Getting to know me" form about his sleep/feed times and likes/dislikes that sort of thing and on there i put that he wears cloth nappies and needs changing approx every 3 hours, 4 max or straight away if he poos and not to use sudocrem please. Whether they take notice or not...i guess we'll see :shrug: I hope so as don't really want to be buying disposables just to use for his 2 days in nursery :nope:

Oh and p.s. we plan to send him with BG V3's and disposable/flushable liners as i figure that's a foolproof combo :thumbup:

My nursery are happy about cloth nappies but they have put the cloth nappy in a nappy sack instead of the wet bag, they apologised for this, bless them :lol: they are also happy with reusable wipes. I am going to be ordering more bg v3's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->