What's the diffence between Clomid and Clomiphene

sunflower82

Cautiously pregnant
Reaction score
hi ladies my doc has put me on 50 mg Clomhiphene my question is what is the difference between Clomid and clomiphene it's my first time taking them and my insurance didn't cover them it cost me 40 dollars for five pills my hubby was choked and he had a huge fight her with me over them and how he said your paying 40 bucks for them I'm so upset I'm currently not working as I'm taking care of my daughter dropping her to kindergarten and then picking her up I wish it really works this month I know for sure hubby won't let me buy it again unless I'm paying for it !

Really? I'm sorry but your husband needs to apologise and perhaps you need to rehash where you stand with regards to his money, your money and our money. Id be upset too. What is $40 for medication vs the cost of having a baby? I get it is probably a little shocking for some tiny pills but if the doc thinks it's what you need to get pregnant, $40 in the scheme of things is a very small price to pay.
I have no idea what the difference is but I don't believe you were deserving of a fight over it. A discussion over whether it was affordable long term would have been surffice.

They are the same thing. Clomid is a brand name for clomiphene.

I'm sorry your husband is being that way. I agree with pp you guys need to talk about money and really what is $40 in the grand scheme of things when a baby is to be had.

I am so sorry. He should not say like that. Nothing is important than baby. Speak with him clearly about money. I think they are same check here once https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-11204/clomid+oral/details

Clomid is the brand, Clomiphene citrate is the drug/active ingredient.

Your husband was very rude and thoughtless :hugs: if you need clomid, you need it! and if he's begrudging $40, does he not realise that pregnancy and a baby will cost much more?

I agree with you ladies he's being really rude and selfish

You're a stay at home mommy, right? If so, that is your job. A non-stop, 24/7 one at that! How does he think all the housework gets done and child gets taken care of? Magic?
I think it would be helpful if you two sat down and really talked this out. Try to understand each others point of view in order to come to some common ground. You two are married and both contribute to the well being of your family. Your husband works outside the home and you work in the home with a child. You BOTH contribute and support your family by doing those things. The money he makes is for the family. It is not just his money.
Wishing you and your husband all the best!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->