What's the difference between TTC and NTNP??

rdy4number2

Reaction score
Hey I'm new here. I have been all over the TTC forums for a couple of months. I have found that I have been way too stressed and compulsive about trying to get pregos. So, now my question is, what is ntnp? Are you just going with the flow and having sex w/out protection? Is that what ntnp is? Does it mean no opks, charting, cm checking etc. ?

rdy4number2

Welcome!:)
NTNP means: not trying, not preventing. I think there are mixed approaches in here. Some are technically trying but just going with the flow (without charting, OPK's etc.) Some aren't technically trying but aren't using protection. Some seek a calmer atmosphere in NTNP even though they are charting etc. (the regular TTC forums are a little crazy at times and can get overwhelming). And I'm sure there are other unique situations.

I'm NTNP for two reasons really- don't like the stress of ovulation kits, charting etc. And because we aren't actively trying, but we aren't using protection- just sort of whatever will be, will be!

I agree with the previous posters. We're open to whatever happens. Though I find myself wanting to cross the line into actively TTC, we're taking things as the come. :)

I went to the TTC forum and felt overwhelmed with all the info and abbreviations, it felt like a bit too much at once. NTNP seemed like the more sensible (and less obsessive!) approach. But I am pretty sure I will eventually go crazy and TTC if I have to wait any longer for a little one!! :)

Yep I agree with all the above. I'm not preventing and I am BD'ing when I want rather than timing it around when I'm most fertile (whether to maximise or minimise baby chances). I've come across a lot of ladies here who do use OPKs / charting etc. as a way of understanding their cycle, so if you are it doesn't automatically mean you are TTC - though if I was to start doing it, then imo I would say that I was TTC'ing rather than NTNP.

NTNP for me, is kind of dipping my toe into trying for a baby. Yes I would like one, but I'm not worried about when it happens. That said I do wonder if this cycle is the one that AF doesn't come.

How long have you girls been trying? I've been trying about 4 months. Actively trying was driving me crazy.

Since last August, but it depends on the month! I think I should be ovulating now, but other half has really annoyed me so I can tell you for sure that this month won't be the one we have a baby!! :)

agree with above too... im just going with flow and enjoying it and if we happen to make a baby then perfect :) xxxx

i like this idea of just going with the flow! very calm, i too get a bit overwhelmed with all the abreveations and not knowing what they all mean!

I haven't been around for very long so I can't speak for anyone really than to say my interpretation thus farr has been this forum is more laid back. I think some of the other forums are a little "much" for those of us unwilling to chart the hysteria ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->