What's the longest your lo has had a cold for?

Frecks

Reaction score
Mines had one since Saturday and It's showing no signs of letting up, he has to sleep in his car seat because he can't breathe even with his crib elevated one side and he's really suffering, but still feeding, seeing and pooing, no temp etc, just coughing and sneezing a lot and struggling to breathe, how longs the longest your lo has had a cold for? Just so I get a rough idea of when I might get more than 2 hours sleep xx

Dare I say it my little one was snuffly for 2 weeks altogether (i did check that this was ok with the health visitor). She fed and slept fine etc. after the first couple of days it did become noticeably less though so hopefully you well see an improvement soon. Have you tried saline drops? That what our hv said to use.
Really feel for you both, hugs xxx

Thanks, yeah got the drops but they're not really doing much, I thought he was getting a bit better yesterday but today he's really bad bless him he sounds like a little pig breathing, we took him to the out of hours doc Sunday morning and he said there's not really anything more we can do and had my last mw app Monday and she checked him over too, he's just really uncomfortable, crying in his sleep and stuff :( xx

Mine had one for 3 weeks a while ago now! Sorry!

my lo has had a cold since he was 3 weeks old... he's now 12weeks!

Been to the docs.. TWICE! and apparently this is normal. Really do hope your little one's doesnt last this long its horrible. going thorugh a bottle of saline drops every week and they baerly even help him. there is nothing you can do and its so irritating for them when they cant breathe properly or sleep or even just lay down and play

Both my girls had problems with congestion as babies. They both had a cold in the early weeks of life. They lasted about 2 weeks. We used a humidifier and it helped tons. I would also close the bathroom door and let the shower run for the steam. Also helped alot.

Hope it passes faster then 2 weeks for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"