What's the Plan for Everyone TTC!

tryforbaby2

Proud & Blessed Momma!
Reaction score
Hey girls! I am on AF right now on my second cycle trying after a loss, back in July.

I am a softcups member and use digi opk's. I used to be able to rely on my CM, but since the MC it has not been the same.

Since this whole entire section is supposed to be for TTC after a Loss, what are you girls doing for TTC? Vitamins, opk's, SMEP?......

I am desperate, like most of you, to get pregnant THIS cycle!

Come On Girls! :happydance:

I think I will be trying to just have fun with sex again like we used to before we started TTC last summer. I am picturing WILD & CRAZY.....make my husband very happy and maybe with all that extra fun and spice, I'll have a mini cupcake growing inside!

I'm in a similar position.I had mc in july at 10 weeks, and now in second cycle of trying.

I have just bought a CBFM (hope that does the trick) and looking at modified SMEP( it almost killed us the last time).

goodluck

hmmm? modified smep?....whats your version! :haha:

I have also been considering a cbfm. Have you tried it yet? If so, do you like it?

Good Luck to you also!

skipping an occasional day of BD:blush:just started using CBFM,so ill keep you posted.It seems less complicated then the OPKs and I feel more in control.

Sounds great Zelda!! I am on day 5 of AF and I can't wait to BD again!!!

I guess we are the only two women on this forum looking to ttc after loss!

We're still new to TTC so I'm not charting or doing anything special yet. I conceived 1st cycle TTC but MC at 6 weeks. Our only plan is to :sex: as often as we can for now and see how things go. I'm feeling fairly optimistic and just looking forward to being a mum :cloud9:

Hey girls! I am on AF right now on my second cycle trying after a loss, back in July.

I am a softcups member and use digi opk's. I used to be able to rely on my CM, but since the MC it has not been the same.

Since this whole entire section is supposed to be for TTC after a Loss, what are you girls doing for TTC? Vitamins, opk's, SMEP?......

I think I will be trying to just have fun with sex again like we used to before we started TTC last summer. I am picturing WILD & CRAZY.....make my husband very happy and maybe with all that extra fun and spice, I'll have a mini cupcake growing inside!

sorry for your loss hun when did u mc how far on where u? i ask cos i had medical mc on the 29th july at 16+2wks but i havent had af yet?

i lost at 12 weeks after scan discovered baby had died. Had ERPC 3 weeks ago and we are desperate to conceive again.
Unfortunately I am not feeling as positive as it took us 12 long months to conceive.
I too am thinking of a CBFM now, used OPK's before so would be interested to know peoples successes and to know if they are worth paying out for.

Hi,hope u don't mind me joining u in this form as I am in similar situation.sorry to hear of you losses. I had a mc at 8 weeks and now in first cycle of ttc again although il be so stressed when it happens again. As for vitamins etc, last time I just took folic acid which dr said was enough. This time I'm trying a pre conception one now which has all u need including folic acid. I'm also trying a healthier diet etc. I think we will all be fine, lets think positive. Also, I find this site good even though I'm new to it. So many people in similar situations. Good luck to u all!
xo

Hi, just letting you know my experience. We were ttc for 8 months, invested in clear blue fertility monitor and concieved the first month I used it (9th month of ttc) Unfortunately I miscarried at 6 weeks, but we want to try to concieve again straight away and as soon as I get my af the cbfm will be coming right back out!

We're still new to TTC so I'm not charting or doing anything special yet. I conceived 1st cycle TTC but MC at 6 weeks. Our only plan is to :sex: as often as we can for now and see how things go. I'm feeling fairly optimistic and just looking forward to being a mum :cloud9:

I Love the optimism! I am trying to think positive for this cycle as well!!! :dust:

sorry for your loss hun when did u mc how far on where u? i ask cos i had medical mc on the 29th july at 16+2wks but i havent had af yet?

I was 12 weeks along, on vacation at the beach, with my husband, my daughter and my in laws.....Blah.... :(
Baby stopped growing at 9 weeks, which is so odd because I had an ultrasound a few days before we left to go on vacation and we seen (myself, hubby and daughter) a bouncy wriggly little baby!!! I had a D&C as they told me the fetus was deceased for a few weeks and that it can be toxic to my health so the best way they told me to go was a D&C, the next day.
I had the D&C and had horrifc bleeding (black large and small clots) I thought I retained some tissues, but a week after the D&C I was checked and nothing was left, the bleeding tapered off and I resumed AF in 29 days after D&C. I got it Aug 4th last month. This month I got it Sept 8th and today is day 8 and I am still bleeding. I hope this info helps!! Have questions? Please Ask!!! I'll try my best!
I had my MC July 5th it started, July 6th I had a D&C.
:dust:

i lost at 12 weeks after scan discovered baby had died. Had ERPC 3 weeks ago and we are desperate to conceive again.
Unfortunately I am not feeling as positive as it took us 12 long months to conceive.
I too am thinking of a CBFM now, used OPK's before so would be interested to know peoples successes and to know if they are worth paying out for.
If I don't conceive this cycle I think I am going to buy one. I also was thinking about going back to my RE for Clomid/IUI/HSG concoction I was supposed to start the month I got my BFP! If you buy one, letmeknow how you like it! It took us 9 cycles/10 months to conceive, both my sisters got pregnant when I did. One decided to then get an abortion (after she planned her baby, she then decided she didnt want it anymore), and the other sister is a week ahead of where I'd be and doesnt want it yet because she already has a newborn baby. Grrrr! Also we used the pull out method since 2005 and nothing happened so we tried active ttc.

Hi,hope u don't mind me joining u in this form as I am in similar situation.sorry to hear of you losses. I had a mc at 8 weeks and now in first cycle of ttc again although il be so stressed when it happens again. As for vitamins etc, last time I just took folic acid which dr said was enough. This time I'm trying a pre conception one now which has all u need including folic acid. I'm also trying a healthier diet etc. I think we will all be fine, lets think positive. Also, I find this site good even though I'm new to it. So many people in similar situations. Good luck to u all!
xo

Don't mind you joining at all! Welcome!
I think we all will be very stressed!!! :hugs: Thats what we are here for!
Thanks for the vitamin info! I take prenatals still.
Love the positive renforcement!

Hi there

I'm new to this site and it's reassuring to see others in a similar situation. We've been TTC since January, and had a MC in July at nearly 6 weeks. I'm trying to stay positive that we were able to get pregnant and hope that it happens again soon but as I'm sure you know it can be an emotional rollercoaster! I've been using the fertility monitor sticks to work out most fertile days and taking folic acid plus eating lots of fruit and veg.

Some months we've tried to do the deed every other day, this month so far we're trying to do every day since about day 11! Also trying the keep the legs in the air for 30 mins afterwards trick. Haven't tried the mooncups but might give them a go next month if it doesn't happen this month. I read yesterday that drinking grapefruit juice is good for your CM so I'm going to stock up on that too! I'm grateful for any other tips. Good luck everyone x

Hey everyone, I am still in the midst of miscarriage now but I have to think forward to get through it. I think we will carry on with the plan we had last time.
*modified SMEP (basically trying to follow it but not freaking out if we miss a day)
*pre-natals
*grapefruit juice
*soft cups
*pre-seed
*temping and OPKs

We also have found we only get pregnant if DH does not drink in the month prior. I've become a teetotaler too in support :)

Tryforbaby2 - thanks for your message, definitely thinking of CBFM if nothing happens in next few months. BTW, they are cheaper if you get them off internet/ebay - been 'watching' a few and seem to go for around £50 off ebay.

I must admit to being a bit of an amateur to all the other aids that are out there. Had never heard of softcups, pre-seed or taking grapefruit juice but god, am I on it now.....! :rofl:
As I am roughly 6pdo, (by pains I had which I associated with O pain, didn't have positive opk), I will start on the grapefruit juice when AF arrives.

Also taking Pregnacare Conception this time around, last time just took plain Folic Acid.

Leeze, thought it was only me that spent all evening with my legs in the air... :loopy: glad to know I'm not on my own...

As for SMEP - I had to google it as was clueless - does it work?? Would be interested to know if many people have had success. Don't really understand the concept of it esp the part where you abstain after ovulation... don't know whether I could..... :blush:

Ha ha - Newtoallthis - glad to hear I'm not the only one with my legs in the air too!

also has anyone heard about sperm apparently being stronger in the morning? The month I got pregnant the last time (when I had MC) we'd done the deed in the morning as it was a Sunday. Unfortunately my cycle has moved on a bit now and I've been ovulating mid-week ever since and since we both work and can never seem to get into it at 6am it's always been in the evening.

Thanks StayPositive for the info about your DH being teetotal for the month beforehand - I think there's probably really something in this. We've both really cut down and I probably have about 4 or 5 drinks in the whole month (normally in the couple of days after AF comes along) - he tends to drink a bit more than me and sometimes I feel like I'm being a bit of a dragon about it!

PS StayPositive - I'm sorry to hear you're still in the midst of it. I really know how horrible that is. I think it's good to look forwards x

Hi ladies :wave:

I too mc in July at the time I fell pregnant I was taking 5mg Folic acid and using concieve plus, cutting back on alcohol and caffeine and using OPK's ic's and CB digi to confirm peak.

This cycle I'm doing all of the above plus
* Pregnacare Conception
* SMEP as near as we could
* Maca caps

In my 2ww @ 5dpo approx so lets see if it helps ???

:flower:

Hey foxforce, Does taking more folic acid generally help with TTC? I have heard that you should take 1 mg to prevent birth defects, but does taking more help with conception?

AFM, the mc bleeding is almost over and I am doing a tonne of reading on the topic. I am seeing my Dr tomorrow to follow up and I want to see if she is able to do any of the testing now even though I have only had two losses and they usually wait until three.

Plan? More of one that I ever intended to have!

I'm on a Prenatal Multi-Vit, Vit D (for a deficiency), Iron (for a deficiency), and Baby Aspirin.
I'm charting... as I've been doing for a while now.
I was on 50IU of Follistim this cycle, followed by a trigger shot and an IUI... We had 11.5mil motile sperm post-wash and 6 mature follies at trigger. I'm hoping I don't need to make any further plans after this cycle! Trying off and on for 3.5 years and 2 blighted ovums later... I feel like it should just about be my time!

Good luck to all of you!

Hey foxforce, Does taking more folic acid generally help with TTC? I have heard that you should take 1 mg to prevent birth defects, but does taking more help with conception?

AFM, the mc bleeding is almost over and I am doing a tonne of reading on the topic. I am seeing my Dr tomorrow to follow up and I want to see if she is able to do any of the testing now even though I have only had two losses and they usually wait until three.

Hey stay.positive

Sorry on your loss :hugs:

It doesnt help with ttc, it is for neural tube defects/spina bifida etc just like 400mcg or 1mg, my gynae prescribed it for me (you can't buy 5mg in UK) although I have no family history which is usually why people get 5mg, I asked on my last visit if I needed 5mg she said just to finish what supply I have then just taking 400mcg thats in my pre natal is enough, so who knows why she prescribed it for me :wacko:

Good luck at your dr's same here with the tests - wait until 3 which is wrong x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->