Whats the rule about giving LO eggs??

Panda_Ally

Reaction score
As the title says??

I have heard lots of different things... just wondering what you ladies do??

Rhys loves scrambled egg on toast he started eating them at 6 months,
what is the rule anyway lol

x

Dunno but most things are 6months...apart from honey and nuts I think.

Here's a government link
https://www.eatwell.gov.uk/agesandstages/baby/weaning/#cat227298

says 6months:thumbup:

I always add a splash of cream at the end of cooking scrambled eggs, gives a softer texture and is much more pallatable....scrummy too. That's how I make my own, saw Rick Stein do it once and couldn't eat them any other way now:nope:

I started at 6 months,they are meant to be big alergens thats why it's best to avoid them for as long as possible,but i never really followed the rule-book when it came to weaning and introducing foods.

Here they suggest holding off on egg whites until 1 year, but egg yolk they can have from 4 months.. they actually recommend it as a first food!

They say to hard boil an egg then scoop out the yolk and combine with BM or formula or water to thin it out/help mash it up :)

Here they suggest holding off on egg whites until 1 year, but egg yolk they can have from 4 months.. they actually recommend it as a first food!

They say to hard boil an egg then scoop out the yolk and combine with BM or formula or water to thin it out/help mash it up :)

i read that too yolk first after 6 months and holding off the whit until a year.. although i didnt hear that from the hv or anything just read it on line after my lo was a year already anyway..apparenty there are morew reactions to egg white than yolk , but that said my lo started having scrambled egg at about 6 - 7 months i think , although he didnt like it until after a year

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->