whats the weight limit on maxi cosi and m&p car seats

leahsbabybump

Mummy to 3
Reaction score
i have both these the maxi cosi cabriofix and the m&p i.p i think it is :-/ whats the weight limit for um both cant find instructions for m&p one n bought maxi cosi second hand so dont have a clue :-/

just thinking cos lo is too heavy for the car seat adaptors just checked them weight limit is 20lb so just wondered if she was too heavy for car seats too :-/

hope not cos we seen the ff car seat we want but no way she old enough for that yet so if she too big for infant car seat we gunna have to look into seats further and buy her a rf one

My Cabriofix says approx 13 kg so around 28/29 lbs.

we had a road safety officer at the antenatal class on Saturday and I think she said 29 lbs for a maxi cosi but she did seem to look at the seat to find that out (maybe a label on it somewhere??) I didn't realise but they have a branch in my town and you can just ring up and go to see them and they will look at your seat and advise if it's fitted correctly and give you other general advice on car seats.

^^ we have a recaro shop near us they will do the smae with recaro car seats which is what were going for next if the cabriofix is only 28lb then we only got a few weeks to go before shes outta that one :-/ gosh she is a big girl :-/

Yeah the M and P one is 13kg which is about 28/29lbs i think :)

cabrio fix is upto 13kg is group 0+ just looked on website which converts to 28lb
the i.p is the same she just over 20lb now so only 8lb to go before sh is too big for it :-/

will be looking for the recaro sooner than anticipated by the look of things sods law now were bloody skint aswell with x-mas and just moved house and got wedding to pay for :-/

It should last her till 8/9months old. :) x

Edit - You'll find she'll be 8/9months by the time she reaches that weight limit. Can't see her putting 8lbs on in the next few weeks. :flower:

^^ shes got 16 weeks to go till she is 9 months old :-/ she is allready over 20lb i think shes about 23lb but i only weighed her myslef so not exactly right

she also said don't worry if their legs are hanging over the edge of the seat, it's the head positioning that matters and once their head is popping above the seat back then you need to look at moving to the next seat up. Apparently they have done loads of tests with dummies in the car seats and never once has a leg broken due to them hanging over the seat (provided they are facing backwards still I think)

she also said don't worry if their legs are hanging over the edge of the seat, it's the head positioning that matters and once their head is popping above the seat back then you need to look at moving to the next seat up. Apparently they have done loads of tests with dummies in the car seats and never once has a leg broken due to them hanging over the seat (provided they are facing backwards still I think)

yeah her heads fine and nice and snug not popping over the top yet lol her legs do but like you say no need to worry about that ill just keep an eye on her weight if she creeps up to 28lb quicker than expected then will have to look for other car seat if not then i would rather her in her infant carrier anyway as we can put the mamas and papas car seat on the pram still which is so much more easier than messing about taking her out etc especially as she sleeps in the car A LOT so if we had a "proper" car seat we would have to disturb her all the time and if you disturb her sleeping then she gets really ratty bless her lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->