What's your blood pressure?

Gem1302

Mummy to 1
Reaction score
I know blood pressure lowers during pregnancy but in my first it stayed around the normal mark, at my first midwife appointment yesterday it was 90/58, which seems really low to me! It's usually about 120/80. I do keep going dizzy & feeling faint but I think that's also part down to constantly being sick...anyone else finding this?

Low is definitely normal though it seems strange, doesn't it? I've been checking a few times this week since I fainted after blood tests Monday morning and it has been down to 85/42. I think I fainted because I was watching the blood vials fill up and I hadn't eaten yet because one of the tests was for fasting glucose level. Ugh! I'm not even that squeamish about needles but between waiting around for an hour in a stuffy room and then seeing 4 vials fill up quickly....ugh!

Mine was 110 during the last two check ups.

I had high blood pressure with DD and ended up with gestational/postpartum hypertension, but I was overweight and unhealthy with her. Just took mine and it's 108/70.

For some women pregnancy lowers their blood pressure and it's entirely normal. Maybe try to eat some more salty things to bring it back up. :flower: Was the midwife worried about the number?

Thanks ladies. It is odd that low is normal! The midwife didn't seem concerned but alarm bells rang in my head, last pregnancy I think on my 16 week appointment it was a bit lower than normal although not as low as 90/58 and the midwife panicked me then a bit. The drs just prescribed me antisickness tablets thank goodness (thrown up 10 times today so far, haven't even kept liquids down for 36 hours!) so I'll see if these help with the dizziness & faint feeling too. If not I'll be questioning my blood pressure.

Mine was 97 over 68 and I am normally low anyways. My highest while pregnant is 120.

LOW! When I went in because of heavy cramping the nurse immediately commented that my BP was seriously low so they'd want me to stay awhile longer to be monitored. I think they just need to get over the fact that I'm usually low in spite of being plus size.

Mine is normally very low and stays low in pregnancy. Nurses always comment on it by saying, "good!"... I know high blood pressure in pregnancy is bad news, but it'd be nice if they acknowledged the negative side effects of low, too! When I was a teenager, a doctor joked I was " barely alive"... But never said anything about it.

For those that are throwing up a lot and not keeping liquids down, dehydration can definitely lower your bp, so getting that under control should help.

I just make sure to stand up slowly and lay down with my feet raised above my heart if I feel faint. I pass out when throwing up, so I make sure I'm resting in bed with a trash can rather than hugging a toilet... I learned that the hard way after one too many bumps to the noggin on the tile floor!

Mine is always low. It's been around 90/60 throughout pregnancy and I constantly feel exhausted, lightheaded, can't stand up without feeling like I'm going to faint. My midwife advised me to drink plenty of water as dehydration can make it worse.

Had mine done monday at 8weeks and it was 78/52 very veery low she said lowest she has ever seen. I too have low blood pressure even when I am not pregnant. With my first I fainted a few times and got signed off work as I fainted and fell down a flight of stairs. I was advised to always stand up slowly and eat often carrying sugary snack with you at all times x

Mine is normally very low and stays low in pregnancy. Nurses always comment on it by saying, "good!"... I know high blood pressure in pregnancy is bad news, but it'd be nice if they acknowledged the negative side effects of low, too! When I was a teenager, a doctor joked I was " barely alive"... But never said anything about it.

For those that are throwing up a lot and not keeping liquids down, dehydration can definitely lower your bp, so getting that under control should help.

I just make sure to stand up slowly and lay down with my feet raised above my heart if I feel faint. I pass out when throwing up, so I make sure I'm resting in bed with a trash can rather than hugging a toilet... I learned that the hard way after one too many bumps to the noggin on the tile floor!

^^^This

I've always run low. So while pregnant I really have to make sure I'm getting enough fluids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->