Whats your excuse?!

teamandy

Reaction score
D*amn Maria Kang!! :growlmad:

Whenever I feel tired and sluggish and sickly, I'm always telling myself "don't make excuses!!" I'm usually an avid runner and used to ake up at 5am to run and go weight training a few times a week. I can barely do anything now cuz I'm sooo tired!

I feel like I'm not at the right place/mindset to continue my workout routine.

When do you know when your just making an excuse not to get up or if you truly need to listen to your body?

D*amn Maria Kang!! :growlmad:

Whenever I feel tired and sluggish and sickly, I'm always telling myself "don't make excuses!!" I'm usually an avid runner and used to ake up at 5am to run and go weight training a few times a week. I can barely do anything now cuz I'm sooo tired!

I feel like I'm not at the right place/mindset to continue my workout routine.

When do you know when your just making an excuse not to get up or if you truly need to listen to your body?

I always have to reply to the fitness-related posts because I, too, am dedicated to my workouts. This is a tough one (I both love and hate Maria Kang, by the way - while I agree with her message, she's totally a narcissist). I seem to have the most energy for workouts on the weekend, when I have time to sleep in and take naps. During the week, I play it by ear. Unless I'm feeling TOTALLY worn out (like can't get up from the couch/eyes closing), I head outside or to the gym anyway. I'm one of those "never regret a workout" types. And in the last 10 weeks, there have been times where I go to the gym and leave after 15 minutes because I just can't do it. Listen to your body and definitely don't go too intense with your running/weight lifting. :) I think people who didn't work out much pre-pregnancy think those of us who still want to work out regularly are crazy! My friend is always telling me to be careful, but as someone who has been an athlete since middle school and trained pretty seriously the last 4 years (former fitness competitor), I think I know what's good and safe for me.

Can you run/train at night instead? I could never do the 5 am thing right now. I need my rest before work!

Ok, how about this;
You know how its said that whatever you used to do before pregnancy you can keep it up. Well what about if I have gone about 1.5, almost 2 weeks without running (I run a few days in between) because I've been feeling too sick. Would I be able to start back up my running routine when I do end up feeling better (I'm 10 weeks tomorrow). I'm hoping that second trimester would be better on me.

Thoughts?

Ok, how about this;
You know how its said that whatever you used to do before pregnancy you can keep it up. Well what about if I have gone about 1.5, almost 2 weeks without running (I run a few days in between) because I've been feeling too sick. Would I be able to start back up my running routine when I do end up feeling better (I'm 10 weeks tomorrow). I'm hoping that second trimester would be better on me.

Thoughts?

I personally do not think you would lose you muscle memory/level of training in that short period of time. It can take up to a month for a woman. I haven't been a serious runner since high school...but just to be safe, maybe cut back on the mileage/speed when you start running again and gradually increase? My doctor just told me not to do anything more intense than what I was doing pre-pregnancy and modify as needed (less weight/intensity the further along I get). As long as the speed/mileage isn't more than what you were doing before, I'm sure you'll be fine.

By the way, I heard about this lady recently. I think she's awesome! https://www.csmonitor.com/The-Cultu.../0701/Pregnant-running-A-new-normal-for-women

The biggest concern to me with running right now would be how hot is it outside! Just make sure you're running outside during cooler parts of the day and not overheating...or run indoors. :)

Awesome! Thanks for the tip!
I usually run outside around 5:30am so that I'll beat the sun (I hate the heat) but its so hard getting up.

Happy pregnancy:)

I have no input here but kudos to you guys. I am not the active type as I have asthma and I can't walk around the block without stopping to catch my breath, but seriously, it's awesome that you guys are so active and plan on continuing to be.

The only thing I'd caution against is any high-impact training or weight lifting, and of course make sure you're protected from the sun outside and wearing shoes with really good grip to prevent falling. ^_^

I'm not an athlete, so I don't know how useful this advice will be, but I'd base activity on how I feel while doing it. I have days (pre-pregnancy and now) when I don't want to get off the couch, and I force myself to do it, and feel like crap all day. And I have days when I don't want to get off the couch, and I feel good once I get going. If you start running and start to feel good, go for it. If you find that you're forcing yourself to do it and you feel like crap the whole time, take it easy on yourself. If that's happening a lot, maybe a less strenuous workout would help - swimming or yoga or something? Your body is going through a lot of changes, and it can take a serious and legitimate toll on your energy levels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->