whats your one year olds sleep routine>

MrsQ

Mummy to Mikey and bump
Reaction score
I am at my whits end with my son.

He wakes at 4.30 sometimes 2 sometimes 3 am in the morning.

I just need some advice really as someone scoffed at me and said hes having too many naps but hes tired when he goes for these naps?

He gets up at 4.30 mainly.
Back at 7.30am for an hour and a half
then back again at 11.00 and has about a 2 hour sleep and then back down at 5 for about an hour and then to bed at 7.30pm to sleep through till 4.30

should i cut any of these out? He gets so whingy just before his time is due for a kip that i dunno how i will cut them out>

x

My LO is just one, and normally goes to bed between 6.45 and 7.45pm, he may stir a couple of times in the night but normally goes back off no problem, and then wakes about 5.30-6am, has about 6oz of milk, then goes back to sleep until 7.30 or 8am.
Most of the time now Owen will only have one daytime nap, normally goes down about 12.30 - 1pm, and sleeps between 45mins and 2hrs.
Very occasioanlly he will have two naps, one mid morning,and one mid afternoon, but they are no more than 40 mins each.
I dont really have any suggestions for you, as we follow what Owen wants and are lucky he is quite good at night. Maybe try waking him after about 40mins beofre the deep sleep cycle starts, and you may get better sleep at night.
How is weaning going, and how much milk is your LO taking?

Omar goes to bed at 10-11 pm & wakes up at 11-12 next morning, he wakes up once at night after 7-8 hrs of sleep to come to our bed, & it takes him around 30-60 mins to go back to sleep. He takes 1 nap at around 3 pm for 2.5-3 hrs. He takes cat naps sometimes if we'r out in his carseat or pushchair. xx

My LO is just one, and normally goes to bed between 6.45 and 7.45pm, he may stir a couple of times in the night but normally goes back off no problem, and then wakes about 5.30-6am, has about 6oz of milk, then goes back to sleep until 7.30 or 8am.
Most of the time now Owen will only have one daytime nap, normally goes down about 12.30 - 1pm, and sleeps between 45mins and 2hrs.
Very occasioanlly he will have two naps, one mid morning,and one mid afternoon, but they are no more than 40 mins each.
I dont really have any suggestions for you, as we follow what Owen wants and are lucky he is quite good at night. Maybe try waking him after about 40mins beofre the deep sleep cycle starts, and you may get better sleep at night.
How is weaning going, and how much milk is your LO taking?

thank you.

i may cut a sleep out then maybe see where we go from there.
His weaning is fab he is baby led and eats everything and anything.
bfast is 2 weetabix.
snacks are kiwi, apple or satsumas or the like
lunch is either a sandwich or beans on toast or spag on toast etc.
dinner is whatever we are having and he will have a yoghurt and a banana after.

i dont know how much milk he has as he is breastfed but he was doing 2 feeds morning and night right up till about 2 weeks ago and then he now feeds about 6 times a day!

x

My LO turns 1 next week. She goes to bed at 7 and wakes at 6. She then goes back to bed at 11am and will get up anywhere between 1 and 1.30. She is then up again until bedtime at 7. We have only just cut down to one nap as she was starting to have trouble getting to sleep at bedtime.

Could you make his first and second naps a bit later and cut out the 3rd one? Maybe push the 7.30 back to 8.30 until 10 and then have the second nap maybe 1.30-3.30? I don't know how cranky your LO will get, but maybe push the time forward by 15 minutes every couple of days to ease the transition.

Hope you get it sorted soon x

Hi! Ihsan goes to bed around 10pm. He gets up about 10am and can wake up alot through the night or sometimes only once or twice, he has 1 breastfeed around 4am. He only has one daytime nap now around 3pm for 1.5hours - 2hours x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->