Whats your options for 2nd pregnancy

xdebbie1988x

Reaction score
Hi :)

I was just wondering what are your options for your 2nd pregnancy for the birth if you have already had a c-section.

I had to be induced last september and it ended up in a emergency c-section as baby was back to back and forceps didnt work. not planning 2nd anytime soon lol was just wanting to know what happens.

Thanks

From what I can tell, it seems to depend on where you live and what your consultant is like. In the Uk your care will automatically be consultant led rather than midwife led and you'll prob be classed as high risk. I was induced and then had emcs due to foetal distress and failure to progress. I saw my consultant for the first time at my 12 week scan and she discussed the birth with me and basically said I would be having a vbac and booking a csection for 40 + 1 as they don't like you go go over more than that. She did not mention having an elective section at all and at that point I went along with it. I have now thought about it lots and decided to ask for an elective but don't see her again til Mon, 35 weeks. I'll let you know what she says as my midwife seems to think I'll have to fight for it!!

I'd be interested to know too. I had a c section for the same reason as you. My son was back to back and got stuck whilst trying to turn. Instead of forceps I had a failed vontouse. I'm now pregnant with my 2nd but am only 6 weeks so haven't spoken to a mw yet. I did have a debrief with the hospital after my first and they told me I laboured well so would recommend I try a vbac next time. X

I havent seen my consultant yet I am seeing him on the 11th but I will be asking for an elective

I think it really does depend on where you live, even different areas of the UK have different policies

It really doesnt matter what the local policy is.

You cannot be forced to have a CS thankfully.

As you have had 1 CS you will be offered an ELCS or VBAC, if they arent keen on you VBACing tell them where to jump if you want to do it it's your right to do so.

Check out the VBAC thread in my siggy, theres a wealth of info there in the spoilers in the firstpost.

My doctor said I'll have a scheduled c-section next go around. I have hypertension.

With kaycie I was being induced originally cuz of High BP and she didn't respond to it very well (heart rate dropped)...their not gonna take any chances on the next one.

Well at my app yesterday I was told I have to have a 2nd opinion if I want to request csection so I'm now waiting for another appointment.

It really doesnt matter what the local policy is.

You cannot be forced to have a CS thankfully.

As you have had 1 CS you will be offered an ELCS or VBAC, if they arent keen on you VBACing tell them where to jump if you want to do it it's your right to do so.

Check out the VBAC thread in my siggy, theres a wealth of info there in the spoilers in the firstpost.

I and the opposite worry. I was scared I would be forced into a VBAC. At my booking in appt the MW asked about my last pregnancy and labour and I explained the reasons behind my EmCS. She asked what my thoughts were thisntime around and I said I was pretty sure I wanted a section but wasn't 100%. she booked me onto a VbAC discussion group and a one to ne MW appt. At my MW appt at 32 weeks I said I had decided on a section and she said fine, no one tried to push me either way. Saw my consultant at 36 weeks and he gave me my date.eek!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->