When and how will you tell people?

WanaBaba

Reaction score
Hi ladies. As the title says really, have you thought of when and how you will tell people you are having a baby? I can't decide when! But I have decided how, last night I order a t-shirt for my DD that says "I am going to be a big sister" I always planned on doing it this way but taking her round families houses with this on and see how long it takes them to notice it haha but now that we live in a different country from our families I can't do that so am going to take a pic of lo wearing the t-shirt and send it to family. I was thinking of doing in on Christmas day when I'll be around 10 weeks but I'm not sure as bil's gf is pregnant abd due right at beginning of January so wouldn't want her to think I was stealing her limelight or anything. What do you ladies think? X

That's what we were going to do, but we were too impatient!! We told everyone after a scan at ten weeks on Saturday. Family and friends we just told in person or by phone. On Facebook I posted a picture of our DD feeding her dolly saying "our Daughter is going to make the best big Sister". Took a couple of hours for people to understand!
And you're not stealing anyone's limelight. You can't leave it much later than that as you could start showing. Announcing it the day baby is born would be stealing the limelight!

Can you Skype with her wearing the shirt so u can see their reaction?

Oh my god! You could be me! We were going to tell everyone at Christmas, with a t-shirt saying I'm going to be a big brother 2014 with a snowman family on it!

My brother-in-laws wife is expecting in January so we're going to tell everyone after my scan on Thursday.

Spooky coincidence though!

Everyone seems to do the big brother / big sister shirt these days.
Another fun way would be a series of clue cards with hints to the next clue ending at the oven with a bun in it!
Obviously op can't do this as not with family though.

Op why don't you Skype/ video chat them and be sitting there when u turn it on with a jar of pickles and a tub of ice cream, some preggo sauce, a mini oven with a bun in it etc!

I'm going to order a T-shirt for my daughter too and when I meet up with my mummy friends group I'm just going to see how long it takes someone to notice. With family, I'm not sure. I'd love to tell them at Christmas by pretending to take a family photo (but actually recording a video) and say 'everyone ready? Right, after three everyone say Rachel's pregnant!' And then I will be able to film their reaction. It all depends though because I'm not 12 weeks till the 27th and I think my scan won't be till after Christmas, and I don't really want to announce until after the scan... Hmm.

Yeah I did think about Skype but my LO never sits still when we Skype and would be moving all over the place and so they probably wouldnt see it! I suppose I could always try though!

Sun-flower that's a really good idea!

With our parents and siblings we had everyone over to have a dinner and look at wedding photos that had just came in. when everyone got there, we handed out the cards we made saying "only the best parents..... Hey promoted to grandparents" and "Only the best siblings..... get promoted to Aunt and Uncle" and inside the card was a picture of the ultrasound we had at 8 weeks. That was October 28th.

For the rest of our family I bought a shirt that says "this Thanksgiving I'm eating for two" with a momma turkey with a baby turkey in its belly. I'm going to casually take off my sweatshirt and wait for people to notice/get it on Thursday... Or until my mom/MIL can't stand it any more and blabs lol.

I was thinking about Christmas, but I dont want to make the whole day about ME since it is Christmas...i dont know maybe a little before? I kinda wanted to get everyone little gifts like onsies that say I love my grandma...grandpa...auntie etc..

We have taken a picture of dd holding a chalkboard that says "I'm gonna be a big sister July 2014" and have printed them out and will be putting them inside people's Christmas cards. We aren't actually 12 weeks til Christmas Day itself but have booked an early scan (if you can call it early!) at 11 + 2 weeks and also have a doppler so hopefully will have managed to hear the heartbeat by then.
At first I didn't want to announce before we got past the first tri but thought a Christmas announcement was just too good an opportunity to miss!
Plus we may announce on fb with a status "merry Christmas lots of love bailey, df, Emilia and ????" And see how long it takes people to figure it out lol

Sunflower fab idea about the picture taking by the way!

I will be 5 weeks & 3 days on Thanksgiving. After taking 12 home pregnancy test & going to the doctor for one. I finally feel better about telling my family. This is my first pregnancy & so far no problems so I am just keeping faith that everything will be great & we are telling our families early on Thanksgiving. I am making a picture with My sperry's. husband's sperry's & baby Sperry shoes! It will have a fall background & say "Our Family is growing by 2 feet!" :) I am still nervous about telling them so early but we can't wait!

My husband and I are telling family christmas, I will be 13 weeks. We have just bought a brand new mazda 6 car and we are going to tell everyone to come out the front as we have a big suprise! They will all assume it is the car but we will put a baby seat in the back. See how long it takes for them to spot it!!!!

Dolly nurse, that's cute! I like that idea. :D

I'm also waiting until Christmas. With our miscarriage he pretty much told everyone right away and then I miscarried days later so at Christmas I will be about 11 weeks along. My husband really wants to surprise his grandmother that day. Hope we can keep it a secret this Thursday!

We are going to give her this as a present:

Custom Egg Pregnancy Announcement

His SIL already did the cards with baby sonogram in them so I found this thought it was cute.

I'm going to order a T-shirt for my daughter too and when I meet up with my mummy friends group I'm just going to see how long it takes someone to notice. With family, I'm not sure. I'd love to tell them at Christmas by pretending to take a family photo (but actually recording a video) and say 'everyone ready? Right, after three everyone say Rachel's pregnant!' And then I will be able to film their reaction. It all depends though because I'm not 12 weeks till the 27th and I think my scan won't be till after Christmas, and I don't really want to announce until after the scan... Hmm.

Brilliant idea! I'm from Suffolk too :haha:

We are going to announce after our 12 week scan, no idea how! I'm sure we will think of something by then though :)

I'm from Suffolk too! :flower:

i'm just praying i get to this stage but if i do i will do something really special....my parents and sister already know and we plan to tell my husbands mum at the weekend but then we dont want to tell anybody else until 12 weeks, it seemd so long away at the minute but got everything crossed we'll get there x

We are going to announce after our 12 week scan, no idea how! I'm sure we will think of something by then though :)

I'm from Suffolk too! :flower:

Wow :) where are you both from??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back