When are you going to announce the news to your little ones?

kellyrae

Reaction score
So its still very early days so I don't plan on telling my 3 year old yet & until we know we are safe....I am having a viability scan in 3 weeks, as long as that goes well we are thinking of telling family and our eldest then when I will be at 8 weeks.
I can't wait to tell her she will be so excited!!! Though I think the whole world will know once she finds out :haha:
When do you lovely ladies plan on telling your younger editions and do you have any special ways of announcing it tho them?

My daughter is 4 and will also tell the world once she knows!!

I think we'll wait until our 12 week scan when we can show her a scan picture as I think it will seem a bit more real to her. We're going to get her a big sister t shirt that she can wear once we've told her :)

She's going to be a fab big sister and I can't wait for her to know xx

Its lovely to start building a bond while baby is in your tummy, my little girl was always talking to her sister, kissed her good night (well my belly)
and with her being another year older she will be even more mothering :)
She came to all my scans and appointments, she was my little partner in crime at the hospital when hubby was working....

My DS is almost 3. I explained to him there is a baby in mommy's tummy already so that he understands he can't kick or roughhouse mommy right now.

The older kids I was going to wait to tell them (13 and 15), but had to tell them because we are moving this weekend and I need them to get off their lazy asses and help since I'm not to be overdoing it or lifting heavy objects.

Hiya, I'm not going to tell ours until we're reasonably sure that it is a 'sticky bean' :) Eleanor is desperate to have a brother or sister - even this morning she was saying to me 'where's my brother, Mummy?' and I have to point out she doesn't have one! Lots of my friends have just had second babies and my hubby's sister has just had her second, so Eleanor thinks it is wrong that she doesn't have a little brother or sister. I told her we lost a baby before we had her though and things don't always go as we plan.

If this one is okay by 13 weeks we'll show her the scan picture so she'll see it's a baby, although I showed her one of her own scan pictures and it really freaked her out!

Not til after 20 weeks definitely, I think, maybe later because he doesn't really understand time unless it's later today or tomorrow.
Xx

We told our little ones around 6 weeks last time and unfortunately lost the baby. They were quite upset. We will probably wait until after the first ultrasound (12-13 weeks) this time, if all is well.

Dd is only 19 months so it's pretty much beyond her, but since our 12 week scan on wed DH has been trying to teach her to say "baby" when he asks what's in "mummy's tummy?". We will tell nieces and nephews this weekend.

I was going to wait to tell mine in case something goes wrong, but my 9 year old is smarter than I give him credit for and found a positive hpt in my bathroom. Cat right out of the bag. Lol.

We told DS as soon as we found out, but he is only 20 months old, so he doesn't really understand. :) We do talk to him a lot about it, and about him having a brother or sister. Maybe by the time the baby is born he will understand what's going on a little better.

My girls will be so crazy excited!! They'll never be able to keep it a secret! (They bug me for a baby all the time). We're going to tell them the day before the 12 week scan, then let them come with us to see the baby. We'll let them tell our family after that. I don't want them to feel pressured to keep their excitement a secret. It's just too fun!!

I think I'll tell once I get my early scan expected around 8 weeks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->