When are you stopping/removing BC?

UponAStar

Mother of 1
Reaction score
How long before TTC do you ladies plan on stopping birth control methods?

I have a Mirena IUD so I'm debating on when I should have it removed to best up my chances at conceiving right away when we start TTC#2. I'm fluctuating anywhere from 4 months ahead of time (to track ovulation) to the month before trying.

Anyway, I'm bored and waiting anxiously for January 2016 to come, so I thought I'd see what some of my fellow WTT-ers plan on doing. :flower:

Hi I'm on bc but nit too sure she to come off it before ttc either. I think they advise 3 or 4 months so I guess if you are ok with an oopsie then I say come off early. I think I will just ttc straight away after coming off the pill.

I have the Mirena as well.. I have an appointment with my obgyn September 3 to take about possibly removing the Mirena and going to the pill until January. We are going to start TTC in March 16 so I'll get off everything in January 16 regardless.

I'll be coming off August next year and TTC right away. Don't get a period now and I'm dreading it. Don't want to be on it during our baby moon in July.

I'm on the pill and I'll do what I did last time and stop when I'm ready to TTC right away (which will be December 2015 at the very earliest, I'm in the process of finishing a PhD and absolutely don't want to have another baby before I'm totally done). When I got pregnant with my daughter, I had been on the pill for 13 years, started TTC right away and got pregnant the 2nd month. I'm not one of those chart cycles for a year in advance sort of people.

I've been off for two years and not planning to TTC for at least another year!

We like to live dangerously :p jk we are more than happy with an oopsie!

I came off bc my last cycle so begining of June. We will either ntnp from september or next july (i know big difference but a lot going on atm:haha:) either way im now off bc and im glad as my cycles are not right and my doc is doing bloods to test my hormone levels as i already dont appear to be ovulating :dohh:
We also came off bc 6months before ttc ds and i started taking folic acid at that time too.
Personally i like to be completely drug free body before ttc and i like to know my cycles well.
Ultimately its up to you but if your oh is happy to use other forms of bc then I think the sooner the better :thumbup:

Funny how everyone is different. Don't think my oh would use condoms and definitely wouldn't be ok with an oopsie. I like the idea of ntnp but knowing me will become obsessed once I start.

With my daughter I came off BC and TTC straight away but it took us 7 months to conceive as my period took 4 months to return! It was a horrible time as I got so obsessed with it. We are going to NTNP next April/May and I have decided to come off now to chart cycles etc so that by the time we come to try I will know when we will have our best chances. In the mean time I'm using my charting to do the opposite and determine when not to have sex to prevent an oopsie or if we do have sex at my fertile time my OH is pulling out. We have been doing this for 5 months now and all has been well so far x

I'm on my last pack of cilest (pill) I'm 5 pills in then we are ttc3 so excited x

I came off 3 weeks ago now impatiently waiting for af!

Hello! I am going to TTC in january 2016 as well :)
Originally I was going to stop my BC pills 6 months before, but due to various reasons (side effects, not being allowed on combined pill anymore and endo control etc) I actually stopped BC in December 2014 and have just been charting (when i remember lol!) since then. I plan on starting my vitamins in October and we will be trying from the January :) I'm quite glad I stopped BC earlier as i've been on the pill since I was 14 (medical reasons) so it's nice to get to know myself and not suffer from nasty side effects. Plus my cycles have been so irregular so i'm going to try and correct them before January with Agnus Castus :flower:

Personally I would give it a bit more time than a month, but then that's just because my cycles are so wacko lol :S

I am removing my Mirena in 10 days and then TTC after one cycle... (I am also trying to finish my PhD, but a sudden wave of baby fever hit me so hard, that we will TTC even if I am not done yet).

i've just had my implant removed (today!) switching to pullout method for a while before NTNP later in the year, trying properly in January :D

I've just had my implant removed; we're going to be NTNP until later on in the year. We're in the process of applying for our first mortgage, and I would have waited for longer, but for some adverse effects the coil was having on me - which could have had long-term consequences on my fertility (a risk I was not willing to take).

I'm not big on BC involving hormones (and was using the copper coil previously) so the pill is out. What happens, happens (she says, with such nonchalance - ha!); we'll see, I guess...

We're planning to TTC in April 2016 but I went off BC at the end of June 2015. We're living dangerously but so far so good!

Im on the BC pill, i just got another 3 months and then its done in October so that is when i am going to be done with it we are hoping to TTC in feb but i think we will be ntnp after i am off the pill :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->