when can I start running again after c section?

purplesparkle

Reaction score
I'm 3 months pp have been going fir walks with 4 ds as I am bf my appetite is huge and need to more exercise to lose the fat. lost most of my belly in few weeks pl it just needs toning and need to lose weight from hips. just don't want to over do it and make my stitches worse

I started jogging about a week ago and as long as I don't overdo it, then I'm fine. You might want to wear some spandex over your belly to give you some pressure to hold your stomach in - it'll help.

It depends how well you have healed if your concerned maybe check with doctor (your stitches should be gone by now). I second sine support for your stomach though

Thanks for posting this. :) I'm scheduled for a c -section tomorrow and want to start training for half marathons next year. I will likely ask my doctor what reasonable training expectations I should have.

While they recommended not exercising until 3 months post-partum what they really mean is heavy exercise.
After I had my son via c-section I went to the physio once to twice a week. What the physio explained to me was that I needed to be doing my pelvic floor exercises every day, along with core strengthening via light core exercises. To optimise your recovery to minimise the chances of causing injury while running it is recommended that you do these light exercises for 3 months before commencing heavy exercise. So if you don't start the light exercise until 2 months post-paturm then running isn't recommended until 5 months.

I'm having my 3rd baby via csection in less than 2 weeks now. I'm planning on running a half marathon next May, and will start training this September, as I will also be doing a 10km in October. I will also be exclusively breast feeding. So Definately my work cut out for me. Lol! You can try to use a 'body bugg' which is by body media(from biggest loser), it's a fantastic way of monitoring your calorie output. It's what I've used in the past. So it will help tell you, how to keep your calories up so you can nurse your baby.
As for the actual csection and having just recovered, just start out slow. Listen to your body. 3 months postpartum is a good time to start in my opinion.
My husband is a trainer so he is helping me with this, but a good app to follow to track your runs, is the 'run keeper'.
Lots to think about but sounds like you're ready for it;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->