when can she try fish?

happygolucky

Mum of 2
Reaction score
Some advice please....Just wondering Laila is 7 months next week and I'm just wondering is it ok for me to try a bit of fish like salmon or is it too soon? Same with meat as well.I've been blending some chicken with mainly veg which has been fine but can she try other meats now?

Seren's had a bit of salmon, the HV told us it would be fine, but everyone has different opinions these days.
Other than that I've only given Seren chicken so far, although I may give her some mince beef in bolognese soon, can't see it doing her any harm x

AJ had Salmon around 6+ months. It was a recipie by Annabel Karmel.

I gave Fred meat and fish after 6 months xx

i asked hv this on tues, and she said once baby has been weaned about 4 weeks any time around 24 weeks she said.
start with white fish she said one way of doing it it cod fillet fish figers done inthe oven the take off the bred crumbs and mash in with some potato.
xx

I gave Renah salmon once but she hated it.

I give her jars for her meats because she won't eat what I make. Although, I always get the veggies + chicken, beef, turkey, etc because the plain meat + broth ones are DISGUSTING, they smell so bad.

Cormack had salmon at 6 1/2 months. I gave it to him before he'd had any meat. he's now had cod too and loves fish!!

Oliver has had salmon, cod and some mackeral. he seems to love them all so far!

when i was a baby it was suggested that you gave white fish befre meat. katie's had cod and turbot (i dont buy turbot lol, it was mymum!). she had chicken at about 7 months i think and then in the last couple of weeks has had other meats!

i was told by my doc she could have meat once she was weaned she has had all meats now and got on fine. i have given her fish in a jar and have bought some frozen fish but still havent given it to her, must do this week though

Lou
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"