When can you see stretch marks?

StarAngel

Reaction score
I am 31 + 3 and at this minute I can't see any signs of stretch marks? My weight gain isn't excessive, it is going up alright and lil one is gaining nicely. I am prone to stretch marks myself without being pregnant so I highly doubt I will get away without getting any. When did you moms see them appear? Before or after?

hi last time I seemed to get them after my son was born

I was rli happy with my first pg thinking I didn't get any then at 34 weeks looking in the mirror at my bare belly I saw them. As they were under my bellybutton I couldn't see them without looking in the mirror it was quite a distressing shock as I thought I got away with it. I'd moisturised my tummy every night since my bfp. They were thick nasty looking red raw scratches from my belly button down my hips down my tummy even below my public line.

This time I've resided myself to getting them and so far, no new ones have arrived. Not holding out much hope of no new ones appearing.

After my son my tummy never went back to normal but it was far better then I had imagined it could be. And my stretch marks faded to silvery lines. Barely could see them. Good luck with ur lines if u get any. I wish I was more emotionally ready for them then anything.

I see them every time I look in the bloody mirror, that's when :dohh: Haa!

It really depends hun, with my first I didn't get any - I got loads in puberty so thought I'd end up with a few, but then didn't gain much at all when pg due to sickness. With my 2nd I got very minimal marks right at the end before she was born (few days before edd)
I am convinced I will get more this time as I have gained more due to spd stopping me exercising. 33 weeks and still none so we'll see.

I got stretch marks on my hips as a teenager so I'm prone to them too.

I had moderate weight gain with dd & got no stretch marks. I put on more weight with ds & went a week over & only got three small stretch marks which have already faded two weeks later.

You might be lucky even if you've had them before. It is just luck though!!

I've got some silvery ones on my hips they were never red, and I've got no red ones at all still so unless they come after I guess I've escaped.

Mine first showed up as silvery marks I could see in certain lights and then turned red overnight

Didn't get any with my first. 30 weeks pregnant with our second now and my bump is getting really itchy. Fingers crossed they hold off a while longer

I am prone to them and have them on my hips etc from puberty and weight gain/loss!! BUT with DS I didn't get a single one on my bump and so far nothing either but I am smothering my bump in bio oil :thumbup:

I have some small ones on my hips from puberty but didn't really get any with my first and there's no sign of any with this one yet. I don't moisturise or do anything special so I think some people just seem to be lucky And have stretchier skin.

I didn't get any with DD, and so far none with this one, albeit much bigger this time, so maybe I won't escape. I'm still religiously putting on shea butter in the morning and bio-oil every night in the hope that it helps x

I got some with DS1 on my hips and one 1 cm on on my belly. They seemed to pop up that last week, as I've heard from several of my girlfriends that that's when theirs popped up too.

This time no new ones, but I'll be on the lookout from here on out because this belly is bigger than with DS1. I'm slathering on the lotion; whether that really helps or not, but doing what I can.

I had some on my hips that have slowly gotten worse but only got some on my tummy as i crept up on week 32

my mom didn't get any and being ~ 5 lbs under where I should be I have a small round belly with none so far. But my doc told me the trick is to moisturize every time after getting out of the water (bath/shower/pool etc) within 3 minutes of getting out. Then I put coconut oil on to seal in the moisture. We're particularly dry here next to the Rocky Mountains anyway, so I've always used coconut oil but to put on cream without a layer of oil or fat as my chemist DH would call it, it can quickly evaporate and leave your skin dry & vulnerable to pulling & stretching.

i didn't get any with my first. this time they have showed up in the last two weeks- so just before 36 weeks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->