When did it actually sink in......

Hannah11

Reaction score
......that you were going to have a baby at the end of this journey??
I am 31 weeks and I still don't think it has actually sunk in that in around 9 weeks time I am going to give birth and all being well be a mummy!!!

I look at my lovely bump and feel my little one moving around which I love, but I don't think my mind has linked in yet that there is actually a human baby in there.

Is anyone else still struggling to get there heads round things? I am not worried about not loving/bonding with baby when it arrives, but I do feel I would like to get my head around what is going to happen. On the other hand I might be better to stay in denial until the time comes!!!!!

Would love to hear what people are doing to prepare mentally for the life changing events or whether is should just go with the flow!!!!

I've got 3 and a bit weeks left, and it still doesn't feel real! I just can't imagine having another baby, and that it's actually a baby in there, despite having done it all before x

baby number 3 and I'm 30 weeks and I'm still not entirely convinced lol. :haha::blush:

honestly I think that ive only just started to realise this!
ive started panicking though! im only 30 weeks too lol..
ive suddenly decided I need his nursery finished NOW, I need to get every last little bit of everything ready for his arrival, and I need to freshly wash and iron all of his clothes asap!
I keep having dreams about labour and my waters breaking too :haha:
x

It's only just starting to feel real to me now and I'm due tomorrow!

Lol- I'm due on Sunday, and I'm still wrapping my head around the idea! I think I'll have to be holding my baby in my arms before it hits me...and it will probably take weeks of staring at her and experiencing life with her before I really realize that I'm a mom

sometimes I still forget...I feel more like I have some condition that is just constantly uncomfy..like having a 9 month long cold ..but then they wiggle or Im picking out nursery stuff and Im like oh yeah..Im totally having two boys in like 2 months lol..thats why I feel like this lol...

Glad I'm not the only one then!!!! I think it will take me holding LO for it all to be real!!'

I can't really get my head around it...it's like I have to keep reminding myself we're really going to have a baby :happydance: !!!
I peek in the nursery all the time and bubs is kicking away but for some strange reason I just can't get my head to really take it all in!! xxx

It hasn't sunk in for me yet. It didn't with my first either until after she as born lol!

Honestly - it still hasn't. This is our 4th and though this was a surprise, it came with almost 2 years of contemplating, emotions, etc as we weren't sure if we were done after #3. I'm still in shock. It's a dream come true!!!

Had a growth scan last week (baby measuring 40 weeks) and tech told me she is still breech and we would probably end up scheduling a c-section in the next TWO weeks. Me and DH were just like "whoa....this is really happening. We're really going to have a baby!" Plus, I have to have an appointment on Tuesday with the anesthesiologist at the hospital to make sure I can deliver her there since I am a carrier of a rare potassium disorder. Between the appointment and the talk of scheduling a c-section.....I'm now a nervous wreck. LOL!

So true! I have all the baby stuff, the clothes, diapers, bassinet, swing but I haven't wrapped my head around the idea of having a 3rd baby

Nope, I can't even begin to get my head around it. It seems so bizarre to me that in just a few more weeks I'm gonna have a baby o_O when did THAT happen?! :haha: can't wait to meet my little boy though :D

I have to be honest. I've been thinking the same. I've wanted this so much. To be pregnant, to be a mommy but now I'm getting nervous. I've always wanted this and now I'm afraid I'm not ready. I might mess up.

I think it recently started to sink in, but not totally. I started to get scared and overwhelmed, but it only hits here and there, but still, at the end of the day, I cannot wrap my head around the fact that I'm going to be in a lot of pain and that we'll have a baby at the end of all this.

So far I've gone this whole pregnancy not even feeling pregnant (even with all of LO's movements).

I don't think it will totally sink in until after she's been here for a little bit!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->