when did lo give themselves their milk?

littleD

Reaction score
Hi ladies my lo is 7 months old and has TT bottles for his milk and whiilst he can hold them he still drops them and is unable to give it himself. We`re also working on the freeflow cups with water/juice but hes struggling too. Anyway whenever we`re out i always see babies giving themselves their own milk sat in their pram and they look much younger than lo. When did yours start?

zane was able to hold his own bottle at 5 months he also used TT bottles.
but when out and about id sit down and feed him till he was older

Aymens been holding his own bottle since about 5 months....but i bought detachable handles to help him tho, but now he doesnt needs them really. :)

wow thats impressive, my lo seems nowehere near being able to do it

every child develops at their own pace so i dont compare zane to others.
zane couldnt get the grips with a sippy cup till 8 ish months...hes almost 3 and still loves his bottles tho, cant get him off them lol

I reckon if you introduced handles to the bottles, your LO may get to grips with it really quickly!

My LO is 12 months and whilst she CAN hold a cup/bottle/sippy cup she wont' feed herself.. I don't know if it's laziness or comfort though :shrug:

still waiting lol and she wont hold sippy cups either. shes too much of a diva :haha:

zakk has been self feeding for about 2 months now so i guess by 8 months? i gave him handles on his bottles and that helped but one day it just clicked.

now he has any way up cups and magic cups. much like finger foods one day the penny will drop and your lo will be off!

perserverance is the key!

Amber has & can feed herself but she's just so damn lazy :haha: same with her beaker as well!

Ruby never held her own bottle, I never encouraged her to either. She started holding her own cup of water on and off from about 7 months but we had a long phase of her refusing to hold it. Since about 16 months she has held her doidy cup of bedtime milk and drank it herself every night. :)

i have seen nicole holding it but only when im not there :haha: she does the same with her dummy, she will pop it in no probs except at nite when she will whinge until her slaves come running

Stephen started holding his bottle by himself when we went away so he had just turned 4 months :)

however she will hold her cup, any cup once its blue (shes a chelsea fan)

My LO is 12 months and whilst she CAN hold a cup/bottle/sippy cup she wont' feed herself.. I don't know if it's laziness or comfort though :shrug:

Omar is the same. He can hold & bottle & feed himself but for him bottle time is for relaxing. He likes to raise his arms above his head while drinking :haha:

When I insist & ignore him, he will hold it & drink it, but I feel bad about it as he only drinks 2 bottles

My son is 14 months and he drinks his water by himself but he wont hold his milk bottle lol i still cuddle him and give it to him just morning and night he has milk.xx

Hi hun I think my dd was about 8-9 months old when she really started to hold her bottle by herself for her milk. She occasionally would do it when she was younger, but not very often. Now at 11 months old, she has to hold her bottle by herself, but we still have our snuggles while she has her bottle. hope that makes sense anyway.

Macie has been able to drink from a free flow sippy cup from about 4 1/2 months (although she hasnt worked out how not to tip it down herself at the same time still) haha. She can hold a bottle and she can feed herself but is much happier with someone else doing it for her when it comes to her bottle and i still enjoy holding her whilst she has her bottle as it's a cuddle i dont often get anymore haha. xxx

Grace held her own cup with handles from around 7 months... but didn't hold her own bottle til a year old... though I have to admit I didn't encourage her before then.

Thank you so much for all your replies ladies, am not nearly as worried now, he was a month early too so i always take this into consideration. Will deffo try the clip on handles but am noticing a big theme that alot of the babies seem not to want to do it so they can have a cuddle and thats no bad thing at all, cuddle time is my favourite time!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->