When did night feeds reduce for your 9+ month old?

Sherley

One of each!
Reaction score
My 9 month old still has two feeds a night, usually down at 7pm and then a feed around 11-12 and 3,4 or 5, depends on the night.
I'm back to work and exhausted, as my 3 year old also wakes at least once a night for a wee now :dohh:
Can anyone offer any light at the end of the tunnel?
She used to sleep almost through from a young give, but she got chicken pox at 14 weeks and never slept the same again.

Hey sherley

My dd2 is 8.5 months and I'm currently trying to reduce feeding to only twice a night or 3 hourly. She has always been a rubbish sleeper often waking after only 30 mins asleep and being hysterical until fed. I've been cuddling/rocking her to try getting her to sleep without a feed to increase the time between but it has been an exhausting process and not very successful yet. I started about 3 weeks ago as I go back to work in 2 weeks and have no idea how I'm going to manage. Fortunately my 3 year old is usually a great sleeper doing 12 hours each night.

So I'm sorry I have no advice or light at the end of th he tunnel words, but I feel for you and hope someone can help us both.

I also hope someone else has some great advice. My 8 month old is waking 2-3 times a night and my 2 year old had got into a habit of crying out for us at least once a night, and won't settle until I go to see him. It's so tiring to be up 4 times a night and I've been reluctant to leave either of them waiting for long as I don't want the other to be woken up. I think I'm going to start giving my baby a bit of water and then rock back to sleep for at least one night feed to see if I can get him out of the habit of waking so often.

Hmm I had to night wean at 16m as he was feeding hourly. So, sorry that's not helpful, but not just you.

Have you tried just rocking him and not feeding him? My Dr said after ds started solids at 6 months that he could go 9-10 hours of sleep before needing to eat again. My ds goes down at 7 and I don't feed him if he wakes up unless it's after 2am. usually it's not even til 4 tho. Good luck

Thanks everyone. I do pick her up and pop her dummy in and give her a snuggle. She just cries til I feed her! I keep hoping she will drop a night feed as she eats plenty in the day, but so far she hasn't. I don't expect her to sleep through, but equally I thought she would need less night feeds than before she weaned!

My 18 month old still has a feed most nights. Sorry x

This is normal, there is a 9 month sleep regression but that had my lo waking every 30 minutes to 1 hour. We are back to 1-2 feeds per night at 1 year and it is heaven in comparison.

12 months for us, and then on and off in stages until 21 months when she self weaned, after being night weaned.

Just this week! Until this week she went to bed about 9pm, had a feed somewhere between 12 and 3am and another somewhere between 4 and 6am. The last few nights she has gone from 9pm to 5am without waking. I'm more exhausted than ever, makes no sense! My 3yo was up for a wee at 2.20am but I sent my partner to sort her out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->