when did you/are you telling work?

Mrs Doddy

1 pink 1 blue
Reaction score
I can't remember when I told work last time, I have an office job so it's ok health and safety wize

I work part time so I can hopefully arrange all appointments on my days off

I guess after the scan ? I hope I'm not too sick in the meantime

I told my boss straight away because I was very very ill and had to take lots of time off. However my boss is an OB/GYN doctor and completely understood.

Tell your boss/work when you are ready too.

They still don't know! The next time I bump into my boss I will tell her. I was trying to make it to twenty weeks tbh

I told work at 6 weeks, I wanted to be able to explain why I was feeling ill, or if the worst happened. I talked about maternity leave after the scan.

I plan on not telling until 13 weeks unless I get really sick and need to explain all the sick time or whatever.

I told my senior who told my boss on Saturday night when I was 11 weeks. I work on an EMI unit in a Care home so they need to know asap. I will have risk assessments done every month.

Just need to tell my boss in my other job which I'm dreading lol.

With my son, I didn't tell my boss until after my 20 week scan just so i could know things were ok. :) And I plan on doing the same this time. I have a desk job so there's no health risk so there's no need for them to know sooner. They will find out when I'm ready to tell them. :thumbup:

I told at 13 weeks.. I was starting to show, and there was no reason to hide it.. And, that way I didn't feel like I was springing the whole mat leave thing on them at the last minute.. especially because I'll be off for a year.

I ended up telling the boss a lot sooner than I intended to - 7/8 weeks. As a fitness instructor, she wanted me to teach 3 high intensity plyometric classes a week (on top of the other two abdominal classes). I told her then because she wanted me to start teaching it in 4 weeks time (at 12 weeks) and I knew I wouldn't be able to. So for health reasons it was early.

I told my boss at 5 weeks because I work at a sandwich shop and we clean the ovens every week- I was usually the one to be there on those nights -_- so no questions about it, I had to tell him and get those days off!!

The day after I found out. I work in such a small office I wanted to give as much notice as possible. That and the fact that I show so early there is no way I'd get away with leaving it until after the scan before everyone guessed anyway :haha: x

I'd like to wait until after a 12 week scan, but I dunno if I'll make it that long. I work with my best friend and told her already. Hopefully we can keep it under wraps. ;) My supervisor is on maternity leave so I am definitely waiting until she gets back!

I work as a social worker, so there's no reason to really tell early. As long as they have enough time to sort out who will see my clients while I'm on leave, or whose cases we can close, it'll be a-okay! :thumbup:

Last time I told them at 13 weeks after I had the scan. This time I don't have to worry about it because I don't work, but I would probably just do that again. It seemed to work quite well.

With DS1 I was 18 weeks and 14 weeks with DS2. I told them earlier with DS2 because there were layoffs going around my office and I figured they would be less likely to get rid of me if they knew I would be going on mat leave in a few months anyway!

I told my boss at 6 weeks. I wanted to wait until the end of the school year (I'm a teacher, and wanted to at least give her more than a few months' heads up for her to start looking for another teacher). I work in an alternative education centre, though, and we teach some classes off campus, and they wanted me to go there to cover for a different teacher, but the class was in an area in which smoking indoors is permitted, and all the students (all adults) smoke. So I felt compelled to tell her, and it was great - she cried and did a little happy dance, and has been checking up on me periodically. :)

I told my boss shortly after I found out. My job has midnight shifts and I told her so she could avoid scheduling me nights (even though if I did work any, it was on the weekends). I told her I need a lot of sleep, especially since I've had a hard time sleeping and she completely understand!

I don't know, i've just started a new job so i am worried about telling them lol. I think ill wait till I start showing, there isn't any reason I need to tell them earlier anyway :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->