When did you buy your nursery stuff?

Samo

Reaction score
4 days until we have our scan and *hopefully* find out the sex! DH and i are going to go to Babies R Us next weekend to do some looking around and maybe a little shopping :happydance:. In-laws called and we told them our plans and they said they want to gift us the furniture for babies room and when we go there to pick things out. Thing is is i don't know if it's maybe too early for that? :blush:

When did everyone start buying things for baby and the nursery? i mean big ticket items like crib etc. i don't want to do it all at once i don't think because i want to enjoy it as long as i can :rofl::muaha:

also, what is YOUR budget for spending on all the baby stuff?

I don't have an actual budget but I'm trying to be realistic...we've spent no more then $700 for Jasmine, and she has everything she needs :)

That's for a;
cot mattress,
wardrobe,
clothes new born and 3 months,
toys,
bath items,
sling,
a pram,

I'm sure there are other items :)
I don't think it's too early, It would be different if you are 12 weeks but you are nearly 20 weeks :)

wow Carley! got some nice items for a nice price i bet! i was sitting here thinking how in the heck will i spend under $2k for it all?! :rofl: I did tell DH i wanted to make a list and when we go shopping...i'd write prices down to budget...

i'm sure i can find lists online somewhere to print out...hmmm

I love ebay, you can find amazing deals there!!!! You just need to use your head when you think and ask "Does my baby really need that?"

I don't think it's too early to buy things like cots and prams at all. The only thing is that you need to be sure that you will still like it once your bub is born.

and when buying a cot, (or crib?) pram etc, just ask do you need to spend $500 on a cot or the same with pram? :)

Agreed with you there Carley. I bought my pram for $150 on special at target. It's just as good as the ones that are 3 times that price at specialty baby shops. It's important to look at what you want in the particular item and then it's easier to find a cheaper one.

Agreed with you there Carley. I bought my pram for $150 on special at target. It's just as good as the ones that are 3 times that price at specialty baby shops. It's important to look at what you want in the particular item and then it's easier to find a cheaper one.

I agree, compare and shop around you could save a lot of money!!! Most prams do the same stuff!! I got a double pram of ebay, only used at Grandma's house (looks brand new) for $100AU!!! The pram is selling brand new for $390!!!

What an awesome bargain! My bargain was a portacot, which has a bassinet and change table on it, second hand but never used for only $60!

We are Queens of Bargain shopping babe!!! I mean why spend money on items you only use for a period of time? I refused to spend hundred's of dollars on a cot because we ended up co-sleeping too and my daughter was out of a cot by 1!

Well thats exactly right, I don't see the point in spending money of expensive things when the cheaper ones are just as good!

I know from experience to save money while they are young...:)

Ive got a bassinet, crib, change table and all of my nursery bedding and decorations etc, and i've spent under $600 C so far...

I still need to buy a carseat/stroller combo, play pen, bouncy chair and rocking chair for the nursery.

We have been slowly buying things. I wont buy any cloths or anything until after my baby shower though.

I just bought the nursery furniture yesterday.At over 30 weeks! :blush:

But I bought a stroller(pram) at around 16 weeks,that was early.I still have loads to get,so it's never too early to start!:)

well i started looking round after my 20 week scan and we purchased furniture 2 weeks ago. By looking round and taking time we managed to get the 1 we wanted in the sale at just less than half price. Bargain!

I ordered my whole nursery furniture and pram after my 20 week scan, as for the budget........ i wouldnt like to estimate because its so much!

I had my pram at 16wks and brought my cot and nursery furniture this weekend at 20wks!!

I had budgeted certain amounts for certain things but i was looking at spending around £1000 on my big items and so far its cost me way less!!

we're moving sometime before the baby is due, so we have no idea when we'll be able to put a nursery together but it won't be until then.

We're lucky not to have a budget as our families will be buying it for us.

We are budgeting $1000 CAD to outfit the whole nursery, and I think we are going to be able to do it for less. That budget includes crib-that-changes-to-toddler-bed (we're hoping to get up to 4 years out of that), mattress, shelving, and a nursing chair for me that can later be used in the living room, plus paint, light fixtures, art framing, linens, etc.
I want to be able to bargain-hunt as much as possible, but I am weighing that out with how much time it will take me to do so. It may not be feasible to go check out all the secondhand deals, but our budget is for buying everything new, so we'll be fine.
And we are going to do the nursery in Sept., at the start of my 3rd tri. That's just where it fits best for us, schedule-wise. I know some women who were kitted out by the end of 1st tri, they were so excited. Whatever suits you.

We have already started! We have been given some good quality items... and we went to Ikea a couple of weeks ago and bought a cot. I am just saving my pennies so we can buy the changing unit and wardrobe to go with it :D

We have our pram, car seat, moses basket and baby bath too and loads of little things.

I say when you want to buy something - buy it! :D

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back