When did you cut out morning bottle/breast?

Charlotteee

Married Mum/Stepmum of 4
Reaction score
Hi,

My little boy is almost 13 months now and he has an 8oz bottle when he gets up and one before he goes to bed. He also has three big meals a day and healthy snacks some days. He's a big boy at 24lb.

I was just wondering when you cut out the morning milk feed? I'm thinking the time is right now for him but just wanted your opinions x

My daughter is 14 months . When she was 12 months I stopped giving her morning milk in a bottle and swapped to a cup. Now she has 7ish ounces on a morning. But still has her evening milk in a bottle.

I wouldn't really worry about it if he likes his milk. My little one is 22 months and still has 8oz in his cup of an afternoon before his nap and 8oz before bed. I just watch what other dairy he has so not so much cheese etc or you could change one to semi skimmed if it's the fat content that worries you. If it's justyou dont u think he isn't too fussed maybe decrease it over a time then swap it for something else. I suppose I depends if you think it's affecting his appetite

3,5 years here, still loves her milk.. giving 1% fat now..

I wouldn't if they don't drink any other milk during the day. They're meant to get at least a pint a day till they're 5. If they're still taking formula I'd be switching to cows milk but other that that I'd move onto giving it in a cup as they're not supposed to use bottles beyond 1 (though I can't remember why?! Teeth?) DS used to have 6-8 cups of milk every day plus 3 meals till he was around 3 and going to nursery. Then he'd have 3-4 cups at home plus 3 meals and would get 2 smaller cups of milk at nursery. He took milk to bed till he was 6 though by 6 he was using a glass and still has a glass of milk with breakfast at 8.

He has yoghurts and milk in cereal and he has cheese, he's definitely getting a lot of dairy. Been on cows milk since the week before he turned one x

And he's been using a cup since he was 8 months, sorry just call it bottle got some reason lol x

My LO still has a feed first thing when she wakes up, it's her favourite feed of the day. I don't plan on cutting it out anytime soon.

Aww I've just realised your little one is called Jenson too :)

Aww, we chose it when I was 5 weeks pregnant hehe, I love it xx

I love it too :) Good job really ;) I've not heard of any others locally though there seem to be 3/4 others on here that I'm aware of. Hopefully there won't be another in his class.

My daughter was still having a boobie right up until she quit at 3 years old. DS still always has a boobie first thing. But with breastfeeding the amount they take as a toddler is probably pretty small and its more about comfort and hugs than milk, so I doubt they are getting anywhere near an 8oz feed. DS has 200mls of juice and a big bowl of cereal straight after.

Well he had about 5ox this morning - 3 with his cereal and then the rest in his cup. He's still getting milk just not as much, he hasn't whinged all day for any more food than normal so I'm thinking the full bottle was routine, he would leave some of it on some days aswell which I think was a sign to get rid x

Niamh is 3 next month and still has a beaker of milk with breakfast and before bed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->