When did you drop a feed?

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
So I followed the Hipp Chart a little with Caitlin which I think is very helpful even if you don't follow everything exactly as they do (think I did pretty much) but I have forgot when I dropped a feed mainly because Caitlin was fussy with milk (still is)!

At 6 & 7 months how many ozs should LO be having? I ask for both because I'm thinking of starting the tastes daily next month.

So if you remember girls - first month of weaning ...how did you do it?

:D x

Brooke dropped her night feed on her own so went from 5 to 6 bottles.

Think at 6 months she was having 5 x 7oz bottles a day and at 7 months she is having 2 x 8oz bottles and 2 x 5oz bottles a day.

Weaning was a little diff for us because we did it at just over 3 months so what i did that way probably wont be of any use to you :lol:

rhys is dead fussy with milk drives me mad, i just give it when he wants it really

its says on the back of the follow on milk roughly a pint a day, which i think rhys is just having, 330ml is a pint dunno how many oz's that is at a guess about 14oz lol
x

Meadow has 5 7oz bottles day but doesnt always finish them. Sometimes she will have more. Its never really the same. Im just going to play it by ear when we start weaning and see where she wants to go with her milk.

Well Megans on 4 bottles atm so I maybe need to try stick to that! Thats her when she wants them and sleeps through the night. Trying to change when shes having her bottle though that is a bit messed up! I think half of its down to no peace in the day she has n quality naps then in the evening she zonks out so hard shes having a bottle 1/2am :dohh: and if you wake her to take it she won't simple as that because shes not staying awake and doesn't do this dream feed I see many of you mention.

This is why I'm thinking of introducing a little taste slightly early! Any advice (no lecture) on that one girls? x

Helen - Drove me MAD as well! How old is Rhys?

Brooke didnt take to the dream feed thing either

Id stick with the 4 feeds for definate and maybe try to shift them about a litte first before giving her something to eat, doing it all at once might be a bit much for her iykwim?

I tried that once or twice with Brooke and it just caused havoc and she was crappy for the rest of the day, so i moved bottles first then slotted foods in between them.

Tried moving them a couple of times - Doing it again tonight actually! Megan has her long nap today because it was a nice day she was outside in her pram ...she loves it! So Megans nice & awake atm! :D

nice and awake at this time :shock: even im ready for bed :lol:

well its better than asleep and a bottle at 1-3am lol just need to do it gradually so a bottle at 12 is better than 3. Its different with her as above she has no quality naps ...caitlin strips her clothes off, screams in her ears etc :lol: Its barmy!

At 6 months aiden was on 3 bottles a day which was his choice not mine i have never dropped a feed he has always done it on his own plus he was weaned at 4 months so by 6 months he was getting his 3 meals a day. He took 8oz in the morning 8oz afternoon and 9oz at around 10pm.

At 7 months he was down too 2 bottles a day again by his choice he has always dropped his own bottles and he is still on 2 bottles a day which is 8oz in the morning and 9oz at night.

As for the weaning bit i just remember giving him a few spoons of diffrent things at each meal time

Like morning i would give him a little baby porridge

Dinner time i would have some carrot or other veg puree'd and try him with a few of that

And tea time i would give him a little chicken with veg and as he got older i put a little puree fruit after that or would give him fruit for dinner.

Most of the time at first he would pull a face and spit it out but once he got the hang of it and got too know the taste he started swallowing it and enjoying it!

Hope this helps xx

Wobbles, Layla is the same, she only has 4 bottles at 6/7oz. she sleeps through and has them 4 hourly. I haveto wake her at no later 8am to feed as she's flat out by 8.30pm so don't have much time to fit 4 in!? DOn;t want to dream feed her as she sleeps through?

FOr this reason (as everyones LO's seem to be on sooo much more milk ) I gave tastes of BabY Rice and now baby cereal for last 3 weeks an hour before last bottle to top her up (no lectures here either please, yes she's young)

Started with a spoon of baby rice for week, spoon and bit week 2, 2 spoons creamed porridge at week 3, and tonight tried banana cereal 2 spoons. (taking it pretty slooooow) As of Sun - 17 weeks, will up/change it somehow? Maybe veg for tea/ or add some bfast in? ALso when she has 7oz she's sick, but at 6oz is fine?

slightly off topic there can't remember what you first asked lol :dohh:

Well Megans on 4 bottles atm so I maybe need to try stick to that! Thats her when she wants them and sleeps through the night. Trying to change when shes having her bottle though that is a bit messed up! I think half of its down to no peace in the day she has n quality naps then in the evening she zonks out so hard shes having a bottle 1/2am :dohh: and if you wake her to take it she won't simple as that because shes not staying awake and doesn't do this dream feed I see many of you mention.

This is why I'm thinking of introducing a little taste slightly early! Any advice (no lecture) on that one girls? x

Helen - Drove me MAD as well! How old is Rhys?

6 months lol, he would scream the house down for all of 3oz, we'd think right we ca go shopping or whatever, we get to asda and he'd have a proper melt down and drink 1oz:dohh: i wasted so much milk.

i remember saying to my oh hank god i stopped bf after a week i'd be getting my tit out every fart and turn wouldnt i? :rofl:

I'd probably keep the four bottles as well :D

Hannah was a fussy milk drinker too as you know :wacko:

We started slowly with a bit of rice (she hated) and than oatmeal. After she'd been on that a few weeks I slowly (very slowly) started to introduce veggies (wasn't very consistent with this though until she was a bit older)

Tyler hasnt really dropped a bottle but dropped oz's he still has 5 bottles a day, 2 x 6oz and 3 x 4oz x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->