when did you feel movement with 2nd/3rd baby?

nicksi27

Reaction score
Hi ladies, im in a bit of a panic because i had started feeling flutters at about 12/13 weeks (which i know is really early) but now im 14+3 and have felt nothing for about 5 days. Ive heard the Hb on my doppler and i should be reassured by that but i lost my first DS at 20+ because he had growth restriction and getting totally anxious worrying if the baby is growing ok. I know im probably being silly but i cant help it. :cry:

Did anybody else notice the flutters stopping for days on end?

PS. i had anterior placenta last time and this time which obviously doesnt help :wacko:

Yes. This is what has happened to me. This is my 2nd and I was feeling flutters around 13-14 wks, then the flutters went away and nothing. I heard hb on doppler 10 days ago so that was reassuring. Since then I have only felt the faintest of distinct movements(not like flutters), but not enough if my book! :p

They say you don't really start to count the kicks until 24 or 28 wks I think, so lots more time for us to wait before you worry! chances are all is fine :)

Some days I can lay down and feel him roll around and kick (still very light kicks)
Other days, I hardly feel anything.
I'm 18w3d
I assumed I'd be feeling more lately this time around since he's my 3rd but he's taking his time.
I thought I had first felt movement and flutters around 14-15 weeks but it's still nothing consistent.

I started feeling very early flutters at about 12/13 weeks and stopped feeling much movement until about 2 weeks ago. I also have an anterior placenta so I know that's why. As long as you can find the heartbeat on Doppler I'm sure everything is fine

thanks ladies ....feeling better now :thumbup:
Im just very impatient ..cant wait to feel proper kicks. x

1st : 16-17 weeks. Maybe earlier, first time so probably didn't know the difference lol.
2nd.: Definite flutters by 14 weeks. He beat me black and blue haha.
3rd : 14, almost 15 weeks.

My second here and felt flutters from 11weeks.
14weeks today and felt nothing since saturday night. Like yourself have heard baby on the doppler.

As its still early with lots of room I just think baby has moved away from the surface and has found another comfy spot.

^^^ this is a very good description. I can feel him (and see him) when he's "at the surface" but when he's moved down, away from my abdomen, I can't feel him.
My baby also is really really low. When he does kick, it's way down in my pelvic area literally at the very bottom of my bump.

I'm 20 weeks now, but I didn't start feeling anything at all until 18 weeks. Movements have slowly started to increase over the past couple of weeks, but even now there are some days I don't feel much. This is my first baby, so I think that plays a part in it.

I wouldn't worry :)

If you're worried AT ALL, go in and request a scan. My OB reiterated after a lady on another thread had the same worries of not feeling baby for a week and then experienced a late loss (she was feeling full on kicks though) that a mothers intuition beats every form of knowledge and technology known to modern medicine. There's absolutely nothing wrong with telling them you're worried. Don't let this scare you, if there's any message, it's not to hesitate to go and air your worries to your OB, always follow your instincts. I'm sure everything will be fine!

I have an anterior placenta this time around and even now at 24 weeks I struggle with movements unless I'm lying completely flat. It's very frustrating and extremely worrying.....tey nit to worry tho, at 15 weeks they are still so small so we won't be feeling everything xx

I am 26 weeks with baby 3.
Both previous pregnancies I had anterior placenta and felt first baby at around 21 weeks. 2nd baby kicks at 20 weeks.
This baby I have a posterior placenta but have only just been feeling kicks / movement on and off to since 24 weeks. I've been going out of my mind with worry! X

With my boys, I felt them moving at around 14/15 weeks. Little flutters.

With this little miss, I've not felt her yet and I'm 17 weeks! I've got a doppler so check in on her using that but I'm looking forward to feeling her move

Well ladies im 16+0 and still no proper movement. The flutters have actually decreased even more. Heart rate has stayed the same on the doppler at around 148 and i hear movement on the doppler sometimes :wacko: I rang the midwives at the hospital last week worried and they said at 15/16 weeks im lucky to have felt anything at all and not to worry ....but obviously i do! Read my old notes and i had a high anterior placenta last time and this time i think its bang in the middle. It makes sense that the only movement ive felt is high up on the left side i suppose.

Yes that definitely makes sense, baby could be kicking away at the placenta and you'd have no idea when they're this small. I started feeling tiny definite kicks at about 16 weeks but I am 19 weeks now and haven't really felt much since. Saw baby on ultrasound yesterday and everything is good, he was buried deep in there with his back facing my bump. He also seems to be a nice and calm LO, thank goodness because ds2 is a lovely little terror lol, I felt him earlier as he was doing flips constantly.

I know it's hard not to worry but its completely normal at this point

I've definetly have felt flutters. I feel like I'm over thinking it when I go "should I be feeling the baby more" but I think its still super early.

Started feeling movement at 9 weeks with this one. 13 weeks now and feeling much more - no proper kicks though, too early for those I think.

Second time mom and even at 18 weeks it's off and on with how much I feel him. Sometimes I feel kicks and movements a ton and some I barely feel anything.. ive had a few days I felt nothing or little.. but he likes to lay towards my back (he has been facing my back most of the time in every ultrasound and I've had 4)

I'm still not feeling much at 18+2. Hoping to feel something soon :)

I'm currently pregnant with baby no. 13 and with my other 12 pregnancys I have felt movement ranging between 14 and 24 weeks and the 14 weeks was my second and 24 weeks would have been somewhere around baby 7 or 8 so please try not too worry there can be many reasons why u can't feel anything ,as other ladies have said anterior placenta and baby lying more towards your back think it's very hit and miss really until 28 weeks plus .xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->