• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

when did you get your coil fitted?

ricschick

Proud mummy of 6!
Reaction score
I want to get the coil but unsure when too, and did you have a good or bad reaction to it? :flower:

I had mine done at about 14wks (or so). I had no problems whatsoever - bit uncomfortable during fitting and crampy for about 48hrs. I'm glad I had it done, I used to take the Pill but I felt very low in mood taking it, none of that now. -x-

I had it fitted when he was about 13 weeks (could've had it done earlier but wanted to avoid having it while we were on holiday) but had it out 2 weeks ago. I hated it, the hormone really affected me and I bled almost constantly. If it suits you though it can be great and having it fitted was fine. :flower:

Stalking! I'm considering getting one but can't make my mind up....

I had mine done at about 14wks (or so). I had no problems whatsoever - bit uncomfortable during fitting and crampy for about 48hrs. I'm glad I had it done, I used to take the Pill but I felt very low in mood taking it, none of that now. -x-

thanks which one do you have? x

I had mine fitted at 6 weeks pp, I had the copper coil and the worst thing about it was occasionally I would get light bleeding in between periods. It wasn't that bad though and I'd still get the copper coil again.

I had the Mirena coil - which gives 5 years protection.

I'll be getting the Mirena coil fitted tomorrow. I'll let u know how it
Goes.

They said to get it inserted on day 3 of AF, as to
Make insertion easier. So that's what I am doing.

I'll update my insertion process here:

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/postnatal-support/2230823-my-mirena-iud-experience.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlexJEllison
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->