when did you give these foods & can you share ideas

laura109

Reaction score
my daughter has been having baby porridge and home cooked veggies, fruit pot purees (hipp & cow and gate) and banana mashed with yoghurt from 4 months. shes eaten everything. never rejected anything. shes going to be six months on the 21st. she currently eats at 11am and 5pm. then has 3 7oz feeds and one 4oz.

when shes six months i want to bring breakfast in. i want to give her a variety of baby porridge, fruit mashed with yoghurt, weetabix and ready brek.is this ok?

also when did you give pasta, cheese, toast etc? i want to keep her interested as shes done so well. shes even mastering tiny lumps.

would appreciate any food ideas?

We started all those from 6 months. The only foods I restricted were honey, whole nuts and added sugar/salt. Otherwise, I offered everything from the start. I found my daughter was able to easily handle toast and plain pasta (didn't add sauce for the first couple months because it was too slippery for her to pick up) and similar chunky foods, like roasted parnsip or roasted 'chips'. We did porridge fingers for breakfast (though if she's doing well with porridge or other cereals, that's good too), toast with mashed banana or mashed avocado on it, yogurt with slices of fruit to dip in it (just regular natural yogurt), and eventually scrambled eggs (I think she had mastered picking them up around 7 months?). I would just be careful early on with some of the breakfast cereals, like weetabix, as they do have added salt and sugar, which is okay in moderation, but maybe not every day for a very little one. We offered them maybe once or twice a week in rotation with other things.

brilliant thank you so much. i will try some of your ideas in a couple of weeks :) i was thinking just half a weetabix twice a week and still continue baby porridge. just want to keep encouraging different tastes. did your baby have teeth when eating toast? x

Also, just regular porridge is good too. I made it from just natural rolled oats, but the plain quick oats packets are good too and much easier. Nope, no teeth to start. She got teeth maybe about 6.5 months, but then just the two bottom front ones and no more until 11 months. They don't need teeth though, so I wouldn't worry about that. They do most of their chewing just with their gums.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->