when did you go on the pill after baby

Raven24

mum
Reaction score
its nearly been 3 weeks since i gave birth anf id like to try and resume my sex life with hubby soon as i had a problem free birth and no stitches and i am no longer sore down there. but obviously i dont want to get pregnant again this soon so when did you go back on the pill or other form of birth control?

I went on it when i saw docs at 9 weeks post birth, but i was in no rush as i was bleeding until just before! I'm sure u can just pop and get it now

I started taking the pill again 21 days after birth, just ask your doctor and they will discuss it with you.

I started again when Joe was 10 weeks old as I discussed it with my Dr at my follow-up appointment x

My OB told me that the highest risk of blood clot is 4 weeks after delivery so they will not put anybody on any kind of birth control until 6 weeks after birth.

They talked to me about it when I was still in the hospital and then again at my 2 week check.

I started 4 weeks after and have no problems.

My doc recommended 6 weeks to me.

You can use condoms until your 6 week follow up. (they are such a pain though)

21 days post delivery for me, as per pill packet insructions. No probs experienced either. x

I asked the doc about it at my 6 week check appointment and she said to start taking it from then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"