When did you move your baby out of the infant car seat?

I thought most went to 30 or 35 lbs?

My graco went to 30, but they make a 35 and a 40 (but its a specialty). The keyfit comes in 30 and 35 models.

In the UK I understand that most of the infant carrier styles are 9kg which is just shy of 20lbs. Convertible styles are larger.

Gracie is on the 50th centile for weight and between the 50th and 75th for height, she hit the upper limits at exactly 12m. We anticipated this being an issue with the new isize regulation (rear facing til at least 15m) and there were very few car seats on the market which were isize compliant without having to replace the seat after they hit the 20lbs limit.

We moved ds out of his infant car seat when he got close to exceeding the height. I loved having him in that car seat since it was so easy to lift him out and snap him into the stroller if he was sleeping. Yes it was heavy, but I just went with it. He probably maxed out of that car seat at around a year, and he was 22lbs. So about 30 lbs total with the car seat. Haha

He was in the Chicco Keyfit30, and now is in the Chicco Nextfit (and still rear facing :thumbup:).

My first moved out of his infant seat at 6 months (he was 24 pounds!). This little guy is moving out of his seat tomorrow into his brother's old rear-facing convertible (he's almost 9 months and 22 pounds). I think he'll be much more content in his big seat.

My 13 month old still fits comfortably in hers, we will probably move her when she is around 18 months when the new baby is close to being born. Obviously sooner if she outgrows it, but I don't see that happening.

I kinda don't see the point in buying seat after seat really, I wish I'd just started with a convertible for Emma from the get-go. The one she is in now rearfaces to 18kg (about 40lbs) which is ok, Sophie is under 18kg and she's pretty big for her age.

A diono rainier or something similar, though expensive, often do a child for the entire amount of time they need to be in a seat from birth to childhood. The rainier goes from 2.2kg(4lbs 13oz) to 54kg(120lbs)! It rear faces to 22kg(48lbs). My son is 6 and doesn't even weigh 22kg yet. Lots of adult women are 54kg. So a good size seat. The harness can remain until the child is 40kg(88lbs) before they need to use a seatbelt.

Emma's infant seat only went to 10kg (22lbs) which I think it a pretty low limit.

Buying an infant seat, then a convertible, then a harnessed booster, then having to take the harness off and use the belt etc seems silly, may as well buy a big seat from birth.

another from birther here. We do Extended rear facing to 4 years, so it made no sense to spend twice as much money on seats. Ours starts at 4 pounds and we set aside the money for another seat just in case we couldn't get a good fit. The fit is fine. He's 3 weeks now and adores riding in the car because his seat is so great!

Daisy still fits comfortably into her pebble! It is impossible for me to lift with her in it though!

I only use the carrier to take the baby home from the hospital. MAYBE a few times after that. But I very quickly install a convertible car seat and keep my kids rear faced in it until around 3 years old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->