When did you pull out the belly bands?

amberjoy

Reaction score
So I'm 11 weeks now and my jeans are starting to feel a bit snug..
I keep forcing them on because I feel it's too early to start wearing my belly bands and people would think it's weird I am wearing it this early. And some days my bloat isn't too bad so I won't need them.

Just wondering when you starting wearing them and or maternity clothes?

Thanks!

I started wearing mine this week (8wks+3days). If you need them, then wear them!

I did at 8 weeks , its better to be comfortable , and no one will notic if you have a longer short anyways :)

I haven't started yet - but I plan to go buy one this week.. I definitely need it!

I say just wear whatever is comfortable! I was the same, felt I was "too early" for maternity clothes etc and spent a few weeks faffing around trying to get stuff to fit, and always ended up in tracksuit trousers or PJs the second I got through the door! When I finally "allowed" myself to wear maternity clothes I just thought, why didn't I do this sooner. Means you get more value out of things too :) I think I made it to about 17 weeks before I cracked but it was an uncomfortable few weeks and totally pointless haha.

I just bought some a couple of days ago and I'm 20 weeks now! I have been using a hair bobble to widen the waist so far :haha: But everytime I have sat down I've had to undo it.

I bought a 3pack from newlook for £10. They come in 3 different colours and tbh, no one even notices you wearing them x

Yeah some days I can fit my jeans just fine but I have a few shorts that refused to fit lol I have 3 belly bands from my sister who is the same size as me and I am a little excited to start wearing them lol

Oh, goodness. I'm only five weeks along and fear I'll have to start wearing them soon (which is no good, because I don't want to tell my job until my second trimester). I've gained 2 pounds...not in my boobs or anywhere else, just right smack dab in the uterus area. It's bizarre and disorienting, frankly, considering I usually have a flat stomach. Belly band here I come...

I was in maternity clothes from 8 weeks! I know it was bloat but I battled with my jeans daily till I just gave in! They are so much comfier, if you need them then wear them, no one will notice anyway

I just went shopping for maternity clothes today, and I'm only 6 weeks! My bloat was so insane that NONE of my jeans fit, and I LIVE in jeans! So the new ones are really comfortable. They look cute now, and they'll look cute when I'm 9 months. Perfect! :haha:

You can't tell they're maternity clothes at all. You just wear a long shirt with them, and they totally look like normal pants. Plus, you don't have to worry about crack in the back when you sit down. lol

Oh, goodness. I'm only five weeks along and fear I'll have to start wearing them soon (which is no good, because I don't want to tell my job until my second trimester). I've gained 2 pounds...not in my boobs or anywhere else, just right smack dab in the uterus area. It's bizarre and disorienting, frankly, considering I usually have a flat stomach. Belly band here I come...

You won't be able to tell they are a belly band they just look like a vest top under your regular top

I think I started around 12 weeks but I had already retired most of my pants that were too tight, and kept the ones that always fit a little loose. I've been trying to make it work with belly bands from 12-16 weeks but at 16.5 I am REALLY looking forward to maternity clothes. The bands slip when you bend down or sit down and expose your behind, lol, so I recommend wearing a long shirt with them like people said. Or if you're just standing up, then it won't slip.
For me the killer was sitting down--I work at a computer, and the feeling of a tight waistband digging into my swelling uterus just was NOT pleasant. Why put up with it?

Plus, you don't have to worry about crack in the back when you sit down. lol

:haha: Absolute bonus!

For me the killer was sitting down--I work at a computer, and the feeling of a tight waistband digging into my swelling uterus just was NOT pleasant. Why put up with it?
ou must have a different one to me, mine's really comfortable and doesn't ride down. It does however ride up if I've bent down of sat down. I get up and show everyone my open fly :dohh:

I started wearing jeans with the bands around 18 weeks, mostly for comfort. My belly didn't pop for the longest time though, and I didn't make the full switch until 26 weeks, it was bad, I sat down one evening and suddenly heard a giant RIIIIPPPP only to find a huge hole in the crotch of my pre pregnancy jeans that wasn't there before, and definitely shouldn't be there. I learned my lesson. And that was one of my favorite pairs too :(

I started wearing them about 30 weeks. I still have managed to get away without buying maternity clothes and I'm 34 weeks now :haha:

Just when you need to wear them though. Everyone is different.

by 14 weeks.

It was weird. I actually ended up losing about 10 pounds during the first trimester thanks to violent MS. Yet, my pre-pregnancy jeans (which had fit fine) felt tighter despite the lost weight.

But I don't think I really started to show until 5 to 6 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->