When did you resume sexual activity?

kmac87

Waiting for our lil girl
Reaction score
I know this question has probably been asked 1000 xs, but curious. Im 4.5 weeks pp and I generally like to wait until my checkup, but my doctors office scheduled my appt for the end of September then I will be getting a tubal ligation which means more recovery time and my dh is getting really impatient and frustrated. We he's gone a while without, he can but a but of an unintentional jerk. Lol. So curious as to when you ladies resumes Activity.

I had a third degree tear, and hubby left for duty when I was 5 weeks postpartum, so not until 3 1/2 months (one of his leaves). We did do "other" things around 2 or 3 weeks postpartum though. :haha:

I'm 7wks PP and we've not done it yet - partner is very understanding though. I had a 2nd degree tear so I'm really nervous about it - would quite happily leave it a few months yet! Got my 8wk check up on the 24th sept so I'll see what they say then. Things still don't feel 100% right in that area anyway.

We'll we did it yesterday and it felt normal. Didn't hurt or anything except for the usual pain I get because my DH is quite on the larger side in that area. But it was okay and im glad DH got what he needed. He was in a much better mood this morning as he left to work haha! We did use a condom as it was not about to happen without it...not until I get my tubes tied. But I didn't have any tears, cuts, brusing, or intervention during my delivery so I guess that helped a lot.

With my first, around 8 weeks, I think. But it really hurt so we had to stop and didn't try again for a while. I'm 7 weeks pp tomorrow and haven't yet. Good thing I suppose, as my OB said I wasn't yet healed at my pp appointment last week and advised to wait 3 more weeks.

I was 3 weeks pp, straight after lochia stopped, I felt totally fine, not 'normal' but not bad , then at 5 weeks pp before he went away and it felt more normal than at 3 weeks

Very recently resumed, was 6.5 weeks after birth. It felt surprisingly fine, not really painful.

Luckily DH has been very understanding and not asked or anything.

About 5 weeks pp. I'd had an episiotomy. It was a bit uncomfortable at first but not painful.

Very recently resumed, was 6.5 weeks after birth. It felt surprisingly fine, not really painful.

Luckily DH has been very understanding and not asked or anything! I was a bit nervous, but I just decided if DH was up for it then I'd take the plunge!

Glad I did, seemed better to feel like a couple again and not just mummy and daddy.

This weekend! LO is six weeks today and I had a second degree tear and a number of grazes.

I was quite nervous but surprisingly fine, we still need to be gentle but bit was so nice again. We were an every day couple before but first tribbleeding and a cervical erosion meant we've had sex about 5 times since last November so we have a lot of catching up to do!

Just take it easy and wait until you're in the mood, plus loads of lube!

Ives spoke too soon. We bf again the next day in a different position and it stung a little. I spotted the next few days during which I had my 6 week checkup.

The dr said there is a slightly tighter band where I was stitched and it may tear again but each time it's stretched it will be less likely to happen again.

I thought it was too lucky. I guess we'll just have to be gentle for a bit.

We waited til after my 8 week check up at the docs, plus I wanted to wait until after I had started my period again. I had an episiotomy so felt a bit bruised after the first few times but all is back to normal now. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->