When did you see the fetal pole?

grassgreener

Reaction score
I had a scan at 5w 6days. I'm pretty sure of the dates as I did ivf for unexplained infertility. There was a healthy yolk sac there but the sac measured 5w 1day.
The doctor didn't seem too concerned but I had a mmc in February where exactly the same thing happened. Growing gestational sac, yolk sac but no baby ever developed.
Is it possible for it to catch up and be healthy? Just wondered if anybody else has been in the same situation. I can't face the thought of another loss.

I wanted to reply so your post gets bumped and people respond.

I too had a scan last week and I was measured at 5 weeks, with a sac and healthy yolk, I've got a follow up scan next week. I can't really help you, as I didn't even know I was pregnant, we got scanned at our fertility appointment for repeated miscarriages.

All I can say is try not to worry, do you have a follow up scan booked in? xxx

Yes, I think I'll go back on Saturday. Just keeping my fingers crossed.
Good luck to you to and thanks for replying x

grassgreener - I understand your concern as I had a chemical followed by a MMC that did not form past a yolk.

Scans in the 5th week can vary greatly. Remember, just because you know when you ovulated does not mean you know when you implanted. You could easily just be a few days earlier than you thought.

This pregnancy we saw a fetal pole and heartbeat at 6+1 on an abdominal scan. My doc said this is very unusual as we did not expect to see anything abdominally. He thinks I may be a few days ahead of what I thought so we will measure at my next scan when I am 9 weeks.

Ask to get your HCG drawn to make sure it's rising and get another scan in a week. Most likely you are just early.

Hi ladies I am sorry for your losses and I understand about the nervousness you have. I also had a blighted ovum(that is what it is called when a baby never forms) that was not found till I was 11.5weeks along. Then I had an early mc at almost 6weeks, then my last mc was this passed may and that was a mmc at 11.5 weeks I went in for my 12 week scan and the baby had died at 9weeks and my body did not recognize it.....

and I am now 4w4d and I want to be excited but hard not to be scared. with my last baby I had an early scan doen at 7weeks that showed a healthy baby with a healthy heartbeat so this is still all scarry...

I really hope your future scans turn out well!!!

Hi, just to let you know that we went for a scan today and heard the heartbeat. It's gone from 5 days behind 6 days ago to 1 day ahead today! Just shows early scans can freak you out for no reason. Will be 7 weeks tomorrow. So relieved x

Hi, just to let you know that we went for a scan today and heard the heartbeat. It's gone from 5 days behind 6 days ago to 1 day ahead today! Just shows early scans can freak you out for no reason. Will be 7 weeks tomorrow. So relieved x

I don't think I've ever been so nervous opening a post! But now have tears in my eyes, happy tears!! So pleased for you, so so pleased for you! I've got my scan tomorrow, am nervous but hoping I have the same result as you. I'll keep you posted xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->