When did you start baby shopping?

mzimm1

Reaction score
I was wondering when everyone started their baby shopping (or when they are planning on baby shopping?). I'll be 22 weeks on Wednesday...which happens to be Amazon Prime shopping day! If I see some good deals (like on a travel system, or a cosleeper), I'm wanting to start the major purchases.

Our families started for us almost as soon as we hit 12 weeks and felt safer about it. 20+1 today and we have most of the big stuff already.

we started ttc last summer and only a few months in, we saw a crib marked down from $160 to $40, so we bought it. so technically we started buying before i even got pregnant.:shock::blush: but we figured at *some point* we'd need baby stuff, so took advantage of good deals when we came across them. at around 12 weeks we bought a stroller/car seat travel system and have been buying little things here and there since (mostly clothing items at the thrift store). also, a couple military programs/events have given us goodie bags or coupons for items, so we've taken advantage of that, too. we were able to get a crib mattress 10% off with one coupon the other day and now all we really need are diapers. (the absolute MUST haves to have before baby as i see it are 1. car seat to get home 2. somewhere to sleep 3. something to wear 4. food (boobies, hopefully!) and 5. diapers/wipes)

that being said, my husband is also eying amazon prime day!:thumbup:

As soon as we got that positive test! We now have more than enough baby clothes to get Oliver through until Spring :)

We started at 12 weeks and when we found out sex at 16 weeks we started buying girly stuff.

I started at 16 weeks as soon as we knew the gender we already have most of the big things and loads of clothes x

We left it until about 32 weeks with DD.

With this one we'll probably start buying things around the same time. Need to paint the nursery first so we have somewhere to store it all!

We been buying bits and bobs since around 15 weeks like stuff for my hospital bag a bag of nappies, breast pads, pads just stocking up slowly then at 20 weeks when we found out we were having a girl we started buying clothes, baby towels and bibs but still not got everything and were planning on buying the big stuff like Moses basket, pram etc early next month.
My family and oh family have been buying stuff and contributing as well so that been a big help :)

I will start when i have found out the gender so at 20 weeks, i have a lot of the bigger stuff already from my daughter and from family who dont need their baby items any more, but i still need to get mattresses, bedding, clothing, bottles, hopsital bag stuff, etc theres quite a bit still really :/ lol

Lol, technically instarted months before I got a bfp :blush: it's a long story but we thought we were done having kids after our 2nd baby was born so my husband got a vasectomy-long story short we decided we weren't done and he got a reversal 3 years later so I started buying big stuff then because we thought we'd get pregnant right away like we did before, it took us 7months of ttc and then that pregnancy ended in a mmc, but we got pregnant again a few months later which is where I'm at now, we started buying gender specific stuff after we found out at 16 weeks!

Thanks for sharing everyone! With our first (almost 7 years ago) we bought everything fairly early (20 weeks). I don't know why I'm so anxious and hesitant this time!

I'm having my second boy, and in the same season too, I barely have anything to buy! But they things I need I'll get after 30 weeks :)

I have not bought anything except 1 pink sleepsuit when i found gender at 16 weeks. We have most from my son, but need travel system, changing mat and few other things, which i think we'll be getting closer to 30-35 weeks

I will start buying as soon as I find out the gender. I am having a winter baby, and even if it is a girl like my first, who was a spring baby, I am going to need newborn winter clothing and warm stuff for it to wear.

We'll start buying things around 30 weeks. We don't need much as we co sleep, breastfeed, cloth nappy, and baby wear. I would like a new stretchy sling though as were having a girl this time :)

I will start with the clothes as soon as i find out the gender next Thursday!!! Yaaay im so excited!!

I want to start now! But DH is making me wait until we find out the gender. A lot of the items on my wishlist are gender neutral, but I'm having to wait anyway :(

I want to start now! But DH is making me wait until we find out the gender. A lot of the items on my wishlist are gender neutral, but I'm having to wait anyway :(

We are planning on buying a lot of gender neutral stuff for the major items (co-sleeper, travel system, vibrating chair) because we think we want one more child after this. Our first is 6, and a lot of stuff we received for her was hand-me-downs. They have since expired or are just too worn to reuse!

I will wait until after 24 weeks like last time, I think. I feel like I might jinx it if we get things too soon! We will also be moving when I'm around 30 weeks so most will have to wait till then. Can't wait to start shopping!

we have the crib and changing table set already from our son & I actually already set it up... I wasn't sure we had all of the peices, we do & it took a lot of work for me to set it all up by myself while OH was at work so I refuse to take it apart. :haha:
we thought we'd have nothing to buy because of DS but turns out half of the stuff we thought we could use again we can't or it's missing. & now since we know it's a girl we have to buy a whole new wardrobe. But I'm looking forward to it after we take our vacation in a few weeks. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->