When did you start baby shopping?

I started buying as soon as I found out I was pregnant! Had a pram by 12wks, car seat by 18wks, heeaps of clothes, I've been given Soooo much stuff. I just have a short list of things now :)

I want to start now! But DH is making me wait until we find out the gender. A lot of the items on my wishlist are gender neutral, but I'm having to wait anyway :(

I'm in the same boat! My husband is Russian Jewish and apparently they also don't do baby showers until after the baby is born, and it's tradition to wait. I don't want to wait! Wahhh :wacko:
We did get some hand-me downs from his nephew which are not allowed to be in our house. So have to wait to see what we got.
For now I have to settle for maternity clothes shopping which is still good.

I bought a few items of clothing after our gender scan at 16 weeks, but we wanted to wait to buy any big things until after the 20 week scan. Now that we've reached that milestone, I feel fairly comfortable getting things if we see something on sale or that we love.

I'm still only WTT and have just got a cot bed :shock: But it was free, so had to be done!

At 26 weeks but we didn't need much as we have a lot from last time so just bought a new car seat and baby rocker. Will buy some clothes soon.

I'm Jewish so we don't start till after the birth! would you believe it? It's crazy but my mom would kill me if I bought anything....

I started about 2 weeks after I got my bfp. The first thing I brought was the buggy/car seat. It was on such a good offer I couldn't leave it and risk that offer not happening again!

I've now got all the big stuff, so I'm able to just pick up the little bits as I go :)

I haven't really started buying anything yet. Just waiting to make sure baby is still a boy which we have our 20 week ultrasound on Friday. Then I will start slowly accumulating clothes.

After my 12 week scan. I actually bought our double stroller on the day of it lol! Wasn't intending to buy it that early but a nearly new one came up for sale locally for a steal and I couldn't miss out :winkwink:
I'm 18 weeks now and don't have a lot left to buy tbh. We have 2 girls already and have kept a lot of their baby stuff so it's mainly just clothes if it's a boy (we're team yellow though so won't know until the birth!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->