*?*when did you start charting*?*

vkj73

Reaction score
i attempted taking my temp each morning about a year ago and stopped.
now after being on bnb for a while, i feel like i should start again.

i'm on cd30 of an average 35 day cycle. who knows, maybe i won't even need to start temping but if i do...

should i start now, or wait 'til af arrive (god willing, she won't).

do you start on cd1?

thanks ladies! good luck to you all :hug: and :dust:

p.s. does it matter that i get up at different times during the week and the weekend? :coffee:

Hi, I started temping on the first day of my AF, this way I can track it in FF and get a good understanding on what my body is doing re ovulation etc.

You need to try and take the temp at the same time each day, I tend to try for 6am but sometimes my dogs bark at something or my oh has to get up earlier so it does vary by 30 mins either way sometimes.. you should really set your alarm at the weekend for the same time you take it during the week, this way you will get an accurate reading.

Good luck :)

I don't set an alarm for the weekend but I tend to wake up at least once within an hour or so of my usual temp time from during the week and I just take it then. It hasn't affected my chart really. If you don't wake up at all close to your Mon-Fri temp taking time then you should set your alarm for the weekends too. Also, start temping on cd1, the temps won't mean anything to you if you start now cuz you'll have nothing to compare them to.

I would start whenever you want to...FF will keep track for you. You really don't HAVE TO chart during AF but a lot of ladies like to for consistency, myself included.

I don't use an alarm clock so sometimes I'm an hour or more off...it's not recommended but I still mark it anyway because the pattern still emerges from my data...it's actually quite good.

Get a digital thermometer with a memory recall and make sure you know how to use it. For 3 or 4 days, I would take my temp and then when I went to look at it, I erased the memory so I was missing those temps. :dohh:

Good luck hunni.

thanks ladies.

any thoughts on a favorite site: fertilityties vs. fertilityfriend?

cheers :dust:

I use FF, but I've never even gone to fertility friends so I don't have an opinion on it.

I started mid-cycle and it completely messed with my head! I was going insane trying to see the pattern when I had no real clue of where I was in my cycle, other than the knowledge of when I "should have ovulated" turned out that cycle stress had thrown me off by about 2 weeks!

I like fertility ties because it is free, even after a month :shrug:

I also had a couple of hissy fits with FF as it kept moving my ovulation date. Even the cycle when I got my BFP, and knew exactly when I'd ovulated it still moved it! (because later on I had a slight dip & then 3 high temperatures :rolleyes:) You can manually adjust it, but it is a bit of a PITA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->