When did you start decorating?

luvbunsazzle

Mummy to Rosie
Reaction score
So when did everyone start decorating the nursery/babies room?
Hmmm I dunno weather it's to early, or.....

I started last monday :) (well a cheeky lie... half the painting had been started 2 weeks previously) but the majority was started on monday!!

If you have to the time and room then I dont think any time is too early!! We just needed to have a week off work cos we had lllooooooooaaaaadddddsss to sort out!!!

baby is coming next week - July 4 - and we started at Easter! I couldnt wait to get staretd and I'm glad I did as I found the last month or so very tiring.

I did mine at the weekend but thats cause i only just moved house i bought all the stuff from 12 weeks onwards :blush: if i could have done it earlier i would have :) XXX

Im going to wait until after the summer... I have to paint and it is simply too humid upstaires, even with the AC on. I will likely just wait until im off work.

Hmmmm well our house still has no windows or doors, so i guess it will be as soon as it doesnt leak ha ha ha!! I think they plan for it to be in August so i think im leaving it kinda late :( If i could do it though i'd be playing now, cos im bored ha ha ha

I haven't yet started...:blush: I really want to,I'm constantly telling myself to start.

I have the wallpaper,I alread did one wall,I have furniture to buy...it's a lot of work.I might make her dad do it...:D

I haven't yet started...:blush: I really want to,I'm constantly telling myself to start.

I have the wallpaper,I alread did one wall,I have furniture to buy...it's a lot of work.I might make her dad do it...:D

I think thats a wise idea!! LOL, make them do something useful ey!!

baby is coming next week - July 4 - and we started at Easter! I couldnt wait to get staretd and I'm glad I did as I found the last month or so very tiring.

I agree if you have a good OH that dont mind doing most of it its ok!!!

But leaving it till now I feel pretty useless really!!! :(

I'm starting mine in September! Too hot and muggy and everything else. Plus she isn't due until Nov so I have plenty of time

DH's work has a 2week shut down in july/august so will try and convince him to do it then otherwise I'll be speaking nicely to my mum and dad. Just need to re-paper the walls and paint them cream, we'll then accessorise in pink or blue (if we don't find out what we're having)

We kind of did ours all in one day a couple of weeks ago. Small room though and we can't paint so there really wasn't much that we had to do, just assemble furniture and put little decorations out on the dresser/hang a few things on the wall :D

Weve had our paint and things for ages!!!! Nearly passed out, OH just said he will start a week monday :yipee: - I've been wanting it done since we got the paint!! I'm so impatient!! x

Ummm yeh... :blush:
We've painted the nursery. That's about it. It's not that I'm lazy!! Honest! It's just that DH insists we paint the window frames and cupboards out too. *Sob* I just want to start putting everything in now :(

Mine was started in April and finished in May but we kinda had the whole house to re-do....just finished putting the new kitchen in! Personally i don't think you can start decorating too early.
:D

we did ours really early:) but there was quite a lot to do - re plastering etc! i think we had it wall papered by the time i was 23weeks! and completed by 28 weeks. i was very excited about it and would have done it sooner but it was being plastering etc by my lovely dad and OH so had to wait a little :) i found it the most exciting thing ever :happydance:

Not started ours. Dunno when we will. Might even wait until after baby is born as they will be in our room for first 6 months anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->