When did you start exercising?

Kirsty3051

Wife & mum of 3!
Reaction score
My [still nameless] son is 3 weeks old and I went for my first jog this morning. I've had a problem putting weight on and have found it even more difficult since I stopped exercising and eating set meals. Before ttc I weighed close to 125lbs, only gained 12lbs during pregnancy and have dropped down to 118lbs at 3 weeks postpartum. I used to go to the gym 3 nights a week and ran almost every night.

I'm not sure if it's related to exercise or having a newborn, but I've been extremely snappy with my husband and feel trapped inside the house. So here are my questions:

When did you start exercising after baby?
Is it safe for me to take my son jogging with me in his car seat that attaches to his pushchair?
Is heavier blood loss normal after exercising? I've noticed that mine has picked up a little since I went out and don't really know if it's a good or bad thing.

I'd definitely like to get my weight up and gain back my bum, instead of looking like a stick insect with melons stuck on my chest (thank you breastfeeding!)

:flower:

I would personally say not to do a lot of exercise if you're still bleeding it definitely makes recovery longer and bleeding heavier. But light exercise will be fine

I think after you have fully recovered and stopped bleeding going back to normal exercise is fine, usually 6week post natal check but you could probably exercise before then.

I think jogging with the pram is ok as long as it's a flat surface and you aren't going too fast, so baby can't fall out or is getting jigged about a lot. If they are in a carry cot I would say to put some sort or support around their neck.

Exercise definitely makes you feel better and also getting out of the house makes you feel more human!

Regarding weight loss, are you breast feeding? If you are that could definitely be a cause of weight loss. If not it's probably just having a new born and not looking after yourself properly (a year on and I still forget and miss meals) just try and eat as well as possible and look after yourself. And congrats on your baby x

Thank you :)

Yeah, I'm breastfeeding. I'm nauseous straight after feeding so eating 3 meals a day just doesn't appeal to me.

He's nice and snug in his car seat, I'm just paranoid about him bouncing around and making him poorly (or worse). I'm going to include exercise in my evening routine so my husband can watch him while I'm out. :flower:

That's probably what's causing you to lose weight you burn a lot of calories breast feeding! I lost 2 stone from that alone.

That sounds like a good idea :) enjoy x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"