when did you start giving lo snacks in between meals?

purplesparkle

Reaction score
My son has just turned 8 months just wondering when to start giving him snacks. He's seems to eat them mid morning when offered

We didn't start until probably about 10 months as she didn't drink much milk as it was and I wanted to prioritize that over food. By 9 months, she started to drop bottles, so I wanted to add in something else. She was having usually 1 snack a day (sometimes 2, the second with a small amount of milk).

We dropped her afternoon bottle at 11 months and substituted for a snack and cup of milk At 12 months we dropped the other bottle in favour of a snack and cup of milk.

My LO dropped half of her measly formula intake of 24 oz per day when she was better established on solids maybe by 8 or 9 months or so. She was literally only taking 10-12oz with 3 meals at that time. She dropped both her first afternoon feed and the one before bed at night. And she is not taking 8oz bottles, but typically 5-6oz bottles now w 3 square meals a day and the occasional snack. It is recommended that we stay on formula rather than go to milk even though baby is a year on Oct. 20 because she is so small (5th for weight/10th for height).

I am happy to say that I have increased her average intake at least 6-8oz a day since making sure she is fed the bottle before any meals, even if that means we wait a bit longer for lunch or dinner. Seems to be working because she still takes in a decent amount of solids too that way.

dd2 is 16 months and doesn't have snacks between meals.I will give her the odd time she seems hungry but she just eats well and meal times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->