• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

when did you start putting you start putting babies to bed earlier?

AlexisRox

Reaction score
Hey,

my baby is 7 weeks old (1 week corrected age) she is fed 7am, 10am, 1pm, 4pm, 7pm, 10pm and then wakes around 3-4am for a feed and she currently goes to bed at 10pm after a routine of bath, bottlle and bed, however i keep hearing about babies needing to go bed earlier etc and i was wondering when should i put her to bed? 10 or 7pm? at what age did you put you baby to bed earlier and was it actual or corrected age?

thanks
Kelly

We did what suited us, not what others recommended. All(term and preterm) babies are different, and we worked sleep schedules round work etc.

I remember our HV telling us our baby should be in bed for 7pm. For who's benefit? So she was ignored and they have always gone to bed at 8pm.

Do what works for you, try different things and see what suits everyone best!

For us, it was about 4 months (actual). As her sleeping started to go to pot, we decided to implement a proper bedtime routine. But I will say, we always wondered why she was really fussy between 7 and 10, looking back o. it, it was because she was knackered!

With both my babies pre term and term, they didn't settle early in the evening until 4 months old. With both they would have a bath about 6ish but wouldn't make it to bed until 10 ish. They both turned a corner at 4obths and started To go down between 7 and 8 ish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->