When did you start weaning your baby?

mylittlebubs

Reaction score
Just wondering when you know when to wean your baby. Is it when your baby;s first tooth come out ?

I left it as close to the 6 month recommended period as possible. He got his first tooth at 3 months which would have been too early for him. Some babies show signs of needed to be weaned early, they are constantly hungry - I think in these cases you can wean them earlier, on very very bland foods such as baby rice. I know years ago our mums were told to wean from 3 months, but now they like to leave it longer until around the 6 month mark in order the babies tummies are more developed. These guidelines will probably change again in time to come and probably differ from country to country too!

x

I started with baby rice at 2 months old he had reflux and dr said ti would help and it did ,,, now at 5 months old he eats everything and anything lol

Jasmine had baby rice at around 3months but didn't get weaned until 6months

Joseph has had a bit of porridge/baby rice every day for brekkie since he was 4 months but I'm going to introduce other types of foods when he's 6 months :)

Im starting in a few weeks...:) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->