when did you start weaning?

ricschick

Proud mummy of 6!
Reaction score
just wondering when everyone started weaning and what made you decide it was time?:flower:

We started at 5.5 months. Shes always been a fan of milk and we just thought it was time as she had 4 teeth and loved watching us eat and tried grabbing at our food. We started with dinner, then a few weeks later added tea in the next few days we're gonna start her on breakfasts xx

5.5 months too he was definitely ready showing interest in food and wanting to eat whatever we were eating

5.5 months. HE had been showing signs for a while but was still doing well on milk so left it until then. We were due to move house shortly after so I didnt want him on more than one meal a day around we were moving. We ended up taking things very slowly.

Hey i think my daughter is ready. She just turned 5 months. I give her a frozen lolly made from her milk for teething. She finishes it and feds herself. She can sit up well and interested in food. Should i start her or wait a few weeks?

Hey i think my daughter is ready. She just turned 5 months. I give her a frozen lolly made from her milk for teething. She finishes it and feds herself. She can sit up well and interested in food. Should i start her or wait a few weeks?

I'm not an expert but I would put some super-soft finger food in front of her (like banana, or carrot sticks cooked until soft) and let her try. If she's developmentally ready to put the food in her mouth and is interested in trying, then her body should be ready to cope with it. I tried it with my daughter when she was five months and a week and she wasn't remotely interested. Offered again a couple of weeks later and she loved it and we never looked back.

Tried her with banana in morning and pancake in afternoon. I handed them to her and she had them to her month. Not much eating but wasn't away from her mouth. I might do what you did and wait a few weeks

For a couple of weeks we've been letting DS taste the occasional food eg a toast crust in his hand. His coordination is very good and he can suck on finger foods, so we have begun giving a little porridge each day as of last Friday and will continue with finger foods. He will be 6 months old in 2 days time.
He doesn't push the porridge back out of his mouth and seems to enjoy it (grabs mine or dad's hand to pull the spoon back in) so I think he is ready.

25 weeks. She could sit independently and put hand to mouth accurately whilst sitting, which is what I took as the signs of being ready :thumbup:

Had porridge in a loaded spoon today. Empty spoon in mouth a few times. Swallowed a oar or two and spat an oat or two out rest was everywhere else lol

Had porridge in a loaded spoon today. Empty spoon in mouth a few times. Swallowed a oar or two and spat an oat or two out rest was everywhere else lol

Sounds about perfect! Welcome to the messy world of weaning.

I don't like mess but actually looking forward to our journey. It will definitely get me used to mess alright. Soup tomorrow with bread dipped in. Another messy one lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->