When did you stop giving baby rice?

Lu28

Aisling's mammy
Reaction score
Aisling has been on solids for about a month now and would still have baby rice with fruit every day or every other day.

When did you stop giving baby rice and what did you give instead?

i stopped after a month, when she got to 16 weeks. i started off then just giving sweet potato/carrot/parsnip, just the plain root veggies x

Do you mean as a breakfast? Or just as a food in general as in to weaning onto puee's and stuff?

I'll answer both just incase :lol:

As a breakfast we moved onto porridge and other baby cereals after about 8 weeks (bear in mind she was weaned early)

In making the transition from rice to puree's we did it at 4 months, i just offered puree at a completely different meal, so we kept the rice/porridge for "breakfast" then i introduced a puree only at "dinner/tea" and went from there really, in doing it that way i found i didnt have to try and make a switch between the two different foods, hoep that makes sense :)

Thanks girls. I guess it might help if I say what she's having as her meals at the moment, sorry! :dohh:

Breakfast - either porridge (with fruit) or toast
Lunch - veg or meat puree
Dinner - either baby rice (with fruit) or toast, depending on what she's had for breakfast

I want her to have a meal of finger food each day but find she doesn't eat as much when she has them so I'm just trying to make sure that if she has toast for breakfast that she has something decent for dinner, hence the baby rice. I know it doesn't have calories in itself but she's getting 100ml of formula as well as fruit with it. What would you suggest as a replacement if anything?

Well i do lunch time as a finger food meal, little sandwiches, crisps, crackers, fruit etc etc, you can give her a desert of some puree or a yoghurt to make sure she is getting enough for that meal.

Then i would perhaps scoot the puree's over to dinnertime and not give any rice, that way your off the rice completely and onto 3 meals, and solving your finger food dilemma also

if you're keen to go down the finger foods route, i'd suggest maybe giving her some veg for her tea or somethin like that. also, they're quite good with strips of chicken and stuff, cos it sort of melts quite easily. at this age they dont necessarily need loads of food cos they'll still get a lot from their milk. have you tried pasta aswell? that goes down a treat!

i know katie's a lot older, but we give her toast in the morning, sandwiches and sometimes fruit for lunch, depending on how hungry she is, and we've started just giving her cut up food for her dinner, normally left overs of what we've had the night before, or pasta with tomato sauce! creates a right mess, but is well worth it to see the smile on her face!

I give cerelas for breakfast (rice,poridge etc)
Then for lunch they have veg and fruit puree for dessert
and dinner is veg with protein and fruit yoghurt
they have 6oz bottle right before every meal,and countless more top ups during the day ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->