When did you stop using a monitor?

CRWx

my little family - complete <3
Reaction score
My DD is 2 and I’m still using the monitor I’ve had had since she was a baby.

She’s a very capable and verbal :)lol:) two year old who shouts me when she wakes up in the morning. Her room is on the opposite end of hall and we both sleep with our doors closed (noise and darkness factor) although it isn’t very far (standard landing length). She has made herself sick through coughing in the middle of the night a few times recently and I wouldn’t have known without hearing her coughing- don’t think I’d have heard her without the monitor.

When did you stop using your monitor?

Can’t decide if I’m being first time neurotic mum and having it too late :dohh:

I removed my video monitor from my daughters room at Christmas time as she is now capable of coming out of her room to find me and I knew I needed to let go at some point - man was it hard :wacko: I still use just a noise one if we go away to the grandparents etc as it is a different house!

I say keep it as long as you need/want too if it makes you feel happier knowing you can hear her on it then there is no harm in that at all :nope:

I still use a monitor with my almost three year old. He’s perfectly capable of coming to get me when he wakes in the morning but if he wakes in the night he will often shout me instead and I wouldn’t hear him even though he’s only in the room next door. I imagine we will stop using it when he’s more confident coming to get us in the night or putting himself back to sleep, probably the next 6-12 months I’d guess.

ETA he’s also a little horror for waking up at three ish and just playing quietly with his toys for an hour before coming to get us. Without the monitor we wouldn’t know and he’d be a grumpy mess all day the next day.

I use a monitor still with my 5 and 3 year old . They both sometimes get up through the night especially DD1 for the toilet ! I worry she will leave the baby gate open and DD2 could fall down the stairs . I don’t plan on putting it away for a long time yet . I like the reassurance I can hear them when downstairs

I've never used one. Emma bashes her door when she wakes up. She sleeps in my room anyway.

I still use our monitor for my 3 and 4 year old. They do both get up and come in our room if they wake up in the night but my 4 year old sometimes has bad dreams and can get quite upset and disoriented so the monitor helps me hear him. I plan to use it for a while yet. Plus I've had an ear infection for almost a year now and sometimes my ears get blocked so again it literally helps me hear!!

We co-slept and my daughter didn't start sleeping in her own room until 4. I never used a monitor. Our house has no stairs and until she was 10 months, we lived in a one bedroom apartment. She napped in a rocker that she could easily get up out of upon waking up. Much of the time she napped with someone near by. As for my son, same with him except that as he got older, he napped in a separate room. He was very mobile very early, so would pop out of the rocker and crawl on out to where others were.

Don't worry what others do though. Just do what works for you.

I still use one with my 3.5 year old. He will not get out of his bed in the mornings or after naps. So I rely on it to let me know he is awake.

Still using ours so we can hear her if she wakes while we are still downstairs. We didn't stop using the breathing pad that came with it until she turned 3 lol.

We’ve still got 3 separate monitors going for 1,3 and 5 year old! Although I don’t always put the older girls ones on. The baby still sleeps on the angel care sensor pad and will until she’s about two like her sisters before her

I think dd was around 2 or so when I took the video monitor down. I realized it was scaring her because I had talked through it a few times. I live in a one level ranch house and we ended up cosleeping most of the time, so I was only using it when she napped or if I wanted to work outside in the yard while she was asleep. Sounds like it's still useful for you in your situation, so I'd keep it as long as I wanted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->