When did you tell your parents/inlaws?

A132429

Reaction score
Just wondering when everybody told their parents/inlaws about their pregnancys?

With Jacob everybody found out at 9 weeks because a friend told somebody and it got back to my aunty.This time we would like to tell people properly..Im not sure when I want to tell them.. I think Id like to tell my mam soonish but dont want the pregnancy to feel like it drags in then either and I dont want MIL to now for a while yet..
So when did yous tell them ?

I told my mum at 4 weeks, the same day we found out. We were going to wait but she was having a bad day and I had the news to cheer her up so did!

In laws found out at about 6 weeks because hubby lost his job & it came up in convo. He wasn't going to tell them til 12 weeks but there was no way I could wait n tell my mum til then

We are telling my family tomorrow at 8wks 6days. But we are telling the in laws at 12wks.

It's all up to you and when you feel comfortable :)

Good luck!

I told in laws 6 weeks before my first was born. No one even copped on i was pregnant even those who saw me all the time. I was never into the big announcement thing so even people i would see day to day never realised until i was pushing a buggy. I had lost 5 pregnancies beforehand and had already lost her twin so did not quiet trust all would go well.

On my second it was pretty obvious as i was really huge. I told at about 16 weeks before she was born.

This time i think some of my brother's haven't realised yet even though they would see me every second day. In laws know since about 14 weeks.

My parents new the day I found out (or possibly the day after)
And the in laws we only told last week :dohh:

I told my parents at five weeks (waited to be totally sure it wasn't a chemical). They knew about the last pregnancy and I wanted to be able to have that emotional support if something goes wrong again. DH might tell his dad (he did last time) but isn't sure... They don't talk as often, but I suspect he'll have a hard time not mentioning it when they do. :)

My mum was told the day I found out as I was too excited! :haha:

OH waited until 12 week scan to tell his parents.

Just do what you're comfortable with :thumbup:

I told family at 4 weeks and then everyone else at six weeks. I dont believe in all of the superstitions. I have had loads of support even though I havent gotten lots of intrusive questions.

the day we found out, both times. Told work right away this time as well, because if anything happened we would want/need the support.

OH's parents - right away, after they got back from a thanksgiving trip to visit OH's sister. I think I was maybe 6 weeks or so along. We both live and work with them, so we felt it was important to let them know right away.

My parents - we waited about another month, so we could tell them in person at christmas. We found an ornament that said "parents to be" and showed it to them, saying we had a special ornament for the tree.

After that, I took a picture of the ornament and posted it on facebook as a general announcement to everyone else.

We held off telling parents till after 1st scan at 11weeks for in laws, then my parents at 12 weeks (they live on thee other side of the world in New Zealand) and as we were going over for a surprise visit for dads 60th bday - we held off telling everyone till we were going on our holiday and to tell my folks in person! Much better than over the phone or skype when I knew it would mean so much to them!

On our first it was my Mum who told me to test, she had a feeling I was pregnant, we had be trying for ages! So obviously I told her straight away! In laws at about 8 weeks once everything was confirmed!

With this little one we told my parents at 10 weeks coz it was my Mums birthday, wanted to wait til 12 weeks but knew it would make her day so told her! Told in-laws at 13 weeks after scan!

We told my parents at around 5 weeks..
My husband told his family at 7 weeks.. :)
We wanted to wait till 12 weeks, but there's no way I could have kept it secret that long, and I really wanted to tell my parents myself and not have them guess since this is their first grandchild.
And, then we wanted to make sure my in-laws knew before everyone else did, so we told them at 7 weeks before I started telling close friends.
I didn't tell the world until after my 12 week ultrasound, at almost 13 weeks.

I wish I could tell the world right away. We have been TTC for 3 years, so I'm a little hesitant. I plan to wait until the 8 week ultrasound and then I'd like to tell everyone at once. I'd really love to go ahead and share with my mom and sister, but I don't think either one of the them could keep it mum for three weeks.

I told my mom the day of BFP (May 24, 2013). She couldn't keep her mouth shut and told everyone in the close family. And by "everyone in close family" I mean grandparents, aunts, and siblings.

We're telling the in-laws this week.

I told my sister/her husband within minutes of me finding out. Told Mom and Dad the next day as I HAD to be there in person. No one else knows.

His family will be told if/when he decides to tell them as they are racist. I will have no part in that though I would not mind being a fly on the wall that day.

My brother has a BIG mouth so waiting until I can tell some other family before he would slip it out.

Told my parents and inlaws at 9 weeks

We told my mum at 4+2, the day we found out, and Hubby's parents 2 days later. Was a huge surprise for both, but moreso for the inlaws as they weren't aware that we had been trying.

I sent a photo of my pregnancy test within 15 minutes of digital confirmation to my parents though waited till after the scan at 13 weeks for the in-laws though my mother in law already "knew". To be fair - Falling asleep mid conversation for 45 minutes every time I saw her sorta gave it away!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->