when did you tell your parents??

Zebra Stars

3RD Trimester
Reaction score
i realy want to tell my mum but her mum just died but im going to wait till after christmas to tell her my OH/ex (im not sure wats happening all i know is im keeping this baby)
im 17

How old were you?
how did you tell your mum/dad?
how far along were you when you told them?
what was here reaction?

i realy want to tell my mum but her mum just died but im going to wait till after christmas to tell her my OH/ex (im not sure wats happening all i know is im keeping this baby)
im 17

How old were you?
how did you tell your mum/dad?
how far along were you when you told them?
what was here reaction?

hi hun
i dont mean to preach but i really think you need to tell the father of the baby asap,i understand about wanting to wait to tell your mum but i think he should know sooner rather than later :) sorry i sound so pushy, obviously its up to you!
i was 16, i told my mum in a text a few days after i found out (i was 2 weeks along) and then she told my dad.
she was shocked at first (her reply was "WHAT???") but after she cooled down we spoke about it and shes fine now. i think there is no easy way for them to take the news but often they come round to the idea after a couple of days/weeks.
hope it all goes well :hugs:
xx

I told my boyfriend when I took a home pregnancy test, but when I got the results from the doctor confirming the pregnancy I then told my mom on the same day.
She really wasn't mad and was very supportive, I expected the complete oppositte, it was nice.

My advice to you is tell your baby's daddy now.
He may be scared, but he has a right to know sooner than later.
And for your mom, I say you should tell her after you get things settled with your boyfriend.
Things will always work out in the end, just remember that :)

Hiya

I was 18 when I told my mum - told her as soon as I found out which was at about 5 weeks.

I told her over the phone and her only words were " well isn't that a disaster" then she hung up.

Within 2 weeks she was buying baby clothes and stuff for the nursery !

Good luck & even if her initial reaction isnt the best she will cone round in no time :hugs:

Thats good,
Well do you have a very close relationship with your mom?, if so the later you wait to tell her the more she may be hurt.

lol Oh my mom can be too, But you have to get it over with adventually.
My mom wasn't thrilled about it, but once she was able to start buying things she was happy.

awww :)

i know my mumsgoing to be dissapointed but she aalso had me when she was 17 so she can't exactly shout at me lol

There you go, thats one thing she can't hold against you. She had you and things were okay im assuming, just say how you want her support and so on. things should go good :)

How old were you? 18
How did you tell your mum/dad? My dad was away for a couple of days and my brother and sister were out. I went up to my mom's room and told her while she was reading before bed (like she does every night). She told my dad when he came home the next day while I was at work.
How far along were you when you told them? 10 weeks
What was here reaction? My mom didn't have many words just asked me what I wanted to do and what I had thought about.. my dad was really upset with me. Told me I was ruining my life etc but didn't yell!

I'm not pregnant at the moment but when i thought i was a year back (15) i told her straight away. She took it OK and got to terms with the idea of maybe being a grandma..I thought she was going to shout and scream but she didn't.. My dad was a bit shocked though but him and my ex went down the pub and were fine after a few beers..

I think all parents will get used to the idea, just give them time and it will work out.
Good luck! and you'll probably be surprised by their reactions.

Wow- if my dad found out I was pregnant, he would KILL my bf, not go to a pub haha

How old were you? 17, I'm 18 now.

How did you tell your mum/dad? I went into my mom's room and told her while she was getting ready to go out, I was crying like a baby and asked her to come to my first scan, she was a little angry about who the dad is and scared about how my dad was gonna take it. He actually toke it the best, did take him ages to come to terms with the thought of being a grandpa. He now wants her name tattooed on his arm :dohh: bless.

How far along were you when you told them? 11 weeks, the day i found out.

What was there reaction? My mom was mad at first but was buying clothes and excited about being a grandma a few days later, my dad gave me a big hug and said they would always support me what ever i choose to do :hugs:

I'm in the "telling the parents" boat again.
But, OH told me that he wants to marry me and take me to Florida with him, so hopefully that offer will still stand after I tell him :shrug:

I'm in the "telling the parents" boat again.
But, OH told me that he wants to marry me and take me to Florida with him, so hopefully that offer will still stand after I tell him :shrug:

u havent told OH yet??

lol take te cruis then tell him on the cruise tha way he can't run of :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->