When did your baby drop?how will I know if it drops?

Melisa1985

Reaction score
My baby still hasn't dropped & I would kind of be happy if it did because my ribs hurt from my belly being too far up & at times so hard to breath.
when did your baby drop? and how did you know it dropped? did you know right away or toook a while to realize?

I'd like to know this too, I'm getting rib pain this last week. It's like a cross between an ache, pins and needles, burning. Horrible!

It's different for everyone. Baby can drop weeks in advance or right before labor begins. If it's your first you are more likely to drop ahead of time, if it's your second or more it's more likely to be closer to labor, but then this is my second and I dropped last week and I'm still pregnant!

My baby dropped and turned this week... she was breech at my last appointment, so I was happy. Doctor didn't lead me to think it means labour will come soon though... so not sure what it means at this point.

It's my first & I'm kind of hoping to drop way ahead of time so i can feel like i can breath better & my ribs won't hurt so much....
does it feel better when it drops???

My belly feels kind of empty near the top. I had a doctor's appt this week though and she confirmed.

Baby was never that high, so I never had the breathing issues. But my bladder seems to be taking the heat and I can feel the pressure low. Not feeling so hot on my back either...

oh I feel like I rather deal with bladder pressure and back pressure rather than this breathing problem...my stomach is way up high & pushing into my ribs and probably everything else & making it so difficult to breath. I'll wake up in the middle of the night out of breath bc the baby went up way too high & probably pushing on stuff, so i usually try to push her back down slowly, but so difficult, sometimes she is so stubborn won't move at all. Im hoping to drop and this pressure on my lungs can get a little better.

I'm sure she will drop soon. They seems to do everything under their own schedule and own terms :)

Having the baby low is making it hard to wear even my maternity pants... not sure what to even wear until she comes, and I still have 2 weeks of work. But not being able to breath cannot be good. I can't sleep because I get soooo hot and uncomfortable. Don't remember the last time I slept through the night (maybe first trimester).

Oh the joys of pregnancy, we do not know what is worse. That must suck to not be able to wear the maternity pants comfortably now that she is low. So hard to deal with all these changes.

I also totally get you about the not being able to sleep because you are so hot and uncomfortable, SAME here!! I'm constantly hot & complaining how hot it is. I complained all winter long that I'm hot. I used to turn off all the heat in my house at night, poor hubby used to freeze. Don't remember the last time i had a comfortable night of nice and good sleep. We got 5-6 more weeks to go, ALMOST THERE!!! let's be strong & than we'll get to hold our lil bundle of joy.

It feels like you have a bowling ball on your cervix. Happened for me around 33 weeks and the avg for most ftm's I believe is 36 weeks. It's not any indication of oncoming labor and it's just a different kind of uncomfortable that you're probably already feeling.

I'm having my first & she's been head down & dropped for about 8 weeks now... I'll be 33wks on Tues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->